Adding a hyperlink to the heading of featured collection on Home Page

Highlighted
6 0 0

As the title says,

I am using the 'Supply' theme. On my home page I have all my collections with products listed as featured collections.

I would like to hyperlink the Heading to each collection so that I can click it and it goes to the collection but I cant work out how to add a hyperlink here.

Thanks

David

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1840 177 711

I answered a similar question not long ago. Different theme but same concepts apply. Give it a try and let us know if you need advice specific to your theme.

Hope that helps!

Liked this post? You might also like our fantastic upsell apps Candy Rack and Candy Cart or offer free gifts with Gift Box. All made with ❤️  and care by Digismoothie
0 Likes
Highlighted
6 0 0

Thanks for the reply Karl!

Im actually still having problems.

it didnt work for me although I feel it was close. The code on my site didnt look exactly the same but did look similar.

I put your code in and tried a few different place but it kept coming up with an error.

Also I dont really need an If statement for whether there are more than a certain amount of products just need the title to hyperlink to that specific category.

Thanks for your help!

David

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1840 177 711

Check in Sections / collection-rows.liquid around line 36

<p class="h1{% if more_link %} section-header--left{% endif %}">{{ section.settings.title | escape }}</p>

Replace with 

<p class="h1{% if more_link %} section-header--left{% endif %}"><a href="{{ more_link }}">{{ section.settings.title | escape }}</a></p>

Liked this post? You might also like our fantastic upsell apps Candy Rack and Candy Cart or offer free gifts with Gift Box. All made with ❤️  and care by Digismoothie
0 Likes
Highlighted
6 0 0

Karl you are an absolute Genious! It works perfectly!

I cant thank you enough for helping me I am honestly so greatful!

David

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1840 177 711

Most welcome. Glad you got it working!

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hello Karl,

I am using Minimal theme. Can you please help me with the same issue because this solution is not working? 

Thank you!!

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 1

Figured out how to add this hyperlink in the Minimal theme. Just the code on line 12 is what I added. Hope it helps and works for someone else too. 

code to add hyperlink to featured collection heading.png

1 Like
Highlighted
1 0 1

Hyperlink titles.jpg

This works really well :)

Made this for Minimal theme for the Featured Collection.

Cheers

1 Like
Highlighted
7 0 0

Screen Shot 2020-05-09 at 09.07.25.png

Hi Guys,

Please help me i add the code on "featured-collection-liquid" 

<a style= “float:right” href={{collections[featured].url}}>

one product come down i have "5" product in a line. Please advice.

0 Likes