Adding a link to an image, without a button?

3 0 0

On my page www.jumpjocks.com.au I want to have a banner image at the top of the page that is clickable and links to a collection.

I don't want to use a button as that goes over the top if the image I'm using and other linking options turn the photo grey when I add them.

I want the image to look exactly as it does now and when someone clicks on it, it links to any set collection.

Any help at all would be really appreciated!

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
436 83 95

Hello 

Want to modify or custom changes on store hire me.
My Email: guleriathakur43@gmail.com
If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution.
If you are happy and want to donate small Click here (Its my paypal)
0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
723 40 103

Hi, @Jump !

Katy here from Shopify. I hope all is well with you.

As @Guleria  indeed mentions, this will require some editing to your theme's code.

Usually we don't recommend this set up for your slideshow as it can, at times take away from the call-to-action aspect here. From a UX perspective, a button is use to guide the users attention towards it.

However looking at your own store, I can see that your image does have text on it, so can see why you would like this to be clickable. I would just like to share this as food for thought should you adjust your images at a later stage/ after your sale has finished.

If you'd like a hand with setting this up, it is something that our Theme support can help you out with as part of your free design time. I've sent you an email to verify your details, if it is something you would like to explore now. Though, you may like to save this design time for another occasion, the choice is totally up to you. 

Cheers,
Katy

Katy | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes