Adding a link to your product from an external website

Highlighted
14 0 0

Hi, 

I have a boutique online and I have also started selling some personal care products but they have their own website. Is there a way I can showcase the  personal care products in my store but add a link to each product that would take a customer directly to that product on the other website? I tried just adding the link in the product description and it did not work so I'm assuming it is not that easy.

Thanks, Ginger

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
634 16 201

Hi Ginger!

Liam here from Shopify - thank you for your question :)

Great to see you are looking to connect your store with other websites so let's see how this could be set up. If you are simply trying to add text with a link in the product description, you can add this in through the Rich Text Editor when you are editing a product. This video will show you how this would work. Is this the effect you are looking for?

Hope this helps Ginger, if you have any other questions, just let me know!

Cheers,
Liam

Shopify Guru
support@shopify.com

Liam Griffin
Shopify | Developer Community Manager
0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hello,

I would like to know how I can add an external web site link from a provider selling cosmetic products to my store on Shopify, please?

I've tried with Rich text editor while editing products but that is not the result that I'm looking for. I want to link each cosmetic product from my external website to my Shopify store in the sens that mu customer can see and browse a selected domestic production my Shopify website but at the same time, they are redirected to the external website when they want to process an order. Can you help me, please?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
23 0 0

Hi 

Have you perhaps managed to find a solution to your issue. I have the same problem.Looking to to link  my cosmetic site to my shopify store.

0 Likes