Adding a note from shop on checkout page - Debut Theme

Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 1

Hi, 

I'm looking to see if there is an easy way of adding a short one-sentence note above the shipping prices on the check out? 
The site I'm looking to add it to is using the debut theme. 

Thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
578 45 130

Hi, @jadam18!

Julie here from Shopify Support.

While it's not possible to edit or customize the Online checkout, you can most definitely add a message on the Cart page using the Language Editor, which allows you to change the default wording in your theme. For example, using the Language Editor, you can change "Cart" to "Shopping bag", or "Sold out" to "Unavailable". 

In this case, it sounds like the message you want to include is related to shipping. Is that correct? If so, you could change the message on the Cart page that indicates "Taxes and shipping calculated at checkout" to instead include your one-sentence note. This is what this message currently looks like in the Debut theme:

20-08-3x9ch-nv79c

To change the wording here, simply head on over to Online Store > Themes > Actions > Edit languages. You'll then notice a field to filter your search. If you do a filtered search for "Taxes and shipping calculated at checkout”, you'll notice a section under Cart / General with the "Taxes and shipping calculated at checkout" messaging. You'll just want to edit that particular field. Here's what that will look like:

20-08-pxt3y-xtg6i

The Language Editor is a great tool to help you change any default wording in your theme. Editing this particular message on your Cart page may provide you with a solid workaround, but depending on the wording you need to add, there may be some other areas you can edit. If you can respond here with more information about the message you need to include, I'd be happy to offer some further suggestions. 

Looking forward to hearing from you! 

Julie | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes