Adding a personalization box to your products

TrendiGoodsCo
Tourist
3 0 1

We are adding a personalization box to our products. Is it possible to have customers use the personalization box only if they select a specific variant? Otherwise the personalization box will be grayed out? 

Hoping someone can assist! Thanks in advanced

Replies 5 (5)

JHKCreate
Shopify Expert
3571 639 916

Hi @TrendiGoodsCo 

Welcome to the Shopify forums!

Yes this is doable but would however require custom coding to achieve this. Would you manually set the visibility of the Personalization box per variant or is there a specific pattern?

Did we solve your issue? Like & Mark As Solution to help the community
Should you need any direct help: contact@jhkcreate.com

Learn more about us: jhkcreate.com
TrendiGoodsCo
Tourist
3 0 1

So we have variants that would be like "Plain" and "Personalization". If someone selects the variant personalization, I would want to allow them to type into the personalization box. If they select the plain variant, then I would want the personalization box grayed out.

JHKCreate
Shopify Expert
3571 639 916

Alright I see @TrendiGoodsCo !

That would require custom coding and thus would need to be a paid service. Let me know if I can request collaborator access to check this out and give you an estimate.

Cheers!

Did we solve your issue? Like & Mark As Solution to help the community
Should you need any direct help: contact@jhkcreate.com

Learn more about us: jhkcreate.com

KetanKumar
Shopify Partner
36839 3635 11972

@TrendiGoodsCo 

Welcome to the Shopify community!😊
Thanks for your good question.

can you please try this 

https://ui-elements-generator.myshopify.com/pages/line-item-property

If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution.
Want to modify or custom changes on store Hire me.
- Feel free to contact me on bamaniyaketan.sky@gmail.com regarding any help
Shopify Partner | Skype : bamaniya.sky
PSD to Shopify | Shopify Design Changes | Shopify Custom Theme Development and Desing | Custom Modifications In to Shopify Theme | SEO & Digital Marketing
TrendiGoodsCo
Tourist
3 0 1

I used this website to create the personalization box. Now i'm trying to see if there is a way to gray out the personalization box depending on the variant you select?