Adding a qty selector to Minimal Theme

Highlighted
2 0 1

Hi guys, 

Really hoping someone can help me. I have been trying to add a quantity selector to my Minimal themed store. I did a search under the 'Help' topics and came up with the below.

---------------------------

You can add a quantity box to product pages so visitors can add several items at once to their cart.

1. From your Shopify admin, click Online Store, and then click Themes (or press G W T).

2. Find the theme you want to edit, click the ... button, and then click Edit HTML/CSS.

3. Under the Templates folder, locate and click on product.liquid to open it in the online code editor.

4. Use CMD-F for Mac or CTRL-F for Windows to find the "add to cart form." Between the <form> and </form> tags, add this code to add a text box:

<label for="quantity">Qty: </label>
    <input min="1" type="number" id="quantity" name="quantity" value="1" />
    <style>#quantity { padding:5px; width:35px; border: 1px solid #555; }</style>

-----------------------------------------

Unfortunately, in Step 4 it says to add the code between the <form> and </form> tags but on my product.liquid page these tags are not there. My page looks like this:

{% section 'product-template' %}

<script>
  // Override default values of shop.strings for each template.
  // Alternate product templates can change values of
  // add to cart button, sold out, and unavailable states here.
  theme.productStrings = {
    addToCart: {{ 'products.product.add_to_cart' | t | json }},
        soldOut: {{ 'products.product.sold_out' | t | json }},
    unavailable: {{ 'products.product.unavailable' | t | json }}
  }
</script>

-------------

I was really hoping someone may be able to provide some guidance. 

Thanks kindly

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
48 0 30

Hey G,

Chantal Shopify Guru here!

I have good news! The Minimal theme actually has a quantity selector built into it :) You can enable it by going to the storefront editor (Online Store > Themes > Customize theme), then navigating to a product page in the preview on the right. Once on the product page, you'll see different settings in the sidebar on the left. In the Sections menu, click on Product pages, then click on the checkbox for "Show quantity selector" then click Save in the bottom of the sidebar.

Hope this helps!

Chantal, Shopify Guru

Chantal, Shopify Guru
0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 1

Hi Chantal, 

Thank you for your response. Unfortunately, when i get to the Sections Menu there is no 'Products Pages' in the left side bar. There are only 'Collections Pages', 'Header' and 'Footer'. 

Would you have any other suggestions that I could try?

Kind Regards

Ganesh

1 Like
Highlighted
2 0 2

Hi Ganesh,

Did you find the 'Product Page' in the theme customization? Or how did you solve this?

Because I can't find the 'Product Page' either and I need to uncheck the 'Show product vendor' check box.

Thank you!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
22 0 1

It's really kind of easy to find this box.  When you are in theme edit mode the right hand panel shows your site.  Simply navigate to one of your product listings as if you were using the page.  The left panel shows you the section you are in.  Once you've clicked on any product in your store the left theme panel will have the checkbox at the top.

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

**EDIT** Looks like when you update one product, it updates the rest with the same settings.

**ORIGINAL POST** The solutions above are for each individual product. That is very time consuming if you have many products. Is there any easier way to do this? Has anyone figured this out yet?

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Re:  Narrative theme I cannot locate a QTY selector in the theme - anyone know how to locate it?

0 Likes