Adding a tag to a customer through a form

Highlighted
Shopify Partner
4 0 0

I can't figure out how to create a customer tag through a form in my store, any help would be much appreciated. (ie they pick a color preference and i can tag them with it).

Thanks

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
492 31 81

Hello, @cassidyjamesw!

Karlie here from the Shopify Guru Team! What you could do is use an app that would provide you with the functionality of automatically tagging your customers based on specific criteria. There are a couple of apps that would work for you. Be sure to check out: 

Another option for you would be to manually tag your customers.

To add a tag:

• Shopify Admin> Customers
  • Find the customer's page you want to add a tag on to
  • In the 'Tags' section; you can either enter in a new tag name or select a tag from your already existing tags
  • If you enter the name for a new tag - the tag will be automatically created for future use

If those options won't work for your business idea, then I would suggest looking into hiring a Shopify Expert. Shopify Experts are developers, designers, photographers and marketers that you can hire to help you with different aspects of your online storefront. Be sure to check out our Shopify Experts, here.

I hope this has answered your question. If not, or if you have any further questions please let me know. I will be happy to help!

*Karlie* | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
29 3 9

Hey there @cassidyjamesw!

Our Customer Fields app has an 'auto-tag' feature that does exactly what you have described. You can easily add a 'color preference' dropdown field to your store's registration form, and then any customer who registers for an account will get automatically tagged with the color that they selected from the dropdown.

If you have any questions, or if you would like help getting the Customer Fields app set up on your store, please let me know! 😎

Kyle W | Customer Success @ Helium Dev, LLC
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution
Helium builds user friendly apps with top-rated US-based support
Customer Fields App
Meteor Mega Menus App
0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Just add the code below right after {% form 'create_customer' %}

<input type="hidden" name="customer[tags]" value="your_tag">
0 Likes