Adding a video to the Debut theme home page

2 0 1

Hi,
How can I add a youtube video link to the Debut theme home page?

Thanks!

0 Likes

Hello Elise,

You can add a YouTube video on top or bottom of home page of any theme, just follow these steps:-

1. Goto your YouTube video and right click on video to copy embed code
  2. Visit you online store, click on edit code under Actions and open index.liquid
  3. Just paste the embed code on top or bottom of {{ content_for_index }} variable.
  4. Save and look if it works.

Hope it helps!

Have something to say? Or need to say Hi! just mail me at sagar.khadke03@gmail.com or visit https://sagarkhadke.myshopify.com
1 Like
2 0 1

Hello Sagar,

Thank you for that tip! I tried it and it works. But It put my video either too high or too low on the page. 
Instead I used the "Custom HTML" within the "Custom Content" section, and that worked for me. I am able to move the video section where I needed it. 

1 Like
2 0 0

This worked perfectly thanks Elise!

@Elise_Miley wrote:

Hello Sagar,

Thank you for that tip! I tried it and it works. But It put my video either too high or too low on the page. 
Instead I used the "Custom HTML" within the "Custom Content" section, and that worked for me. I am able to move the video section where I needed it. 

0 Likes
2 0 0

This unfortunately put the video all the way to the left. I opted for Elise's fix since I wasn't sure what to add into the code to adjust the alignment of the video.
@Sagar_Khadke wrote:

Hello Elise,

You can add a YouTube video on top or bottom of home page of any theme, just follow these steps:-

1. Goto your YouTube video and right click on video to copy embed code
  2. Visit you online store, click on edit code under Actions and open index.liquid
  3. Just paste the embed code on top or bottom of {{ content_for_index }} variable.
  4. Save and look if it works.

Hope it helps!

0 Likes