Adding an "Add to Cart" Button to Collection Pages in Debut Theme

SteveWinch5DS
Excursionist
48 0 5

Hi JL

I've done as you say "Basically, just follow the chain of connections any time you see an {% include '...' %} used." and removed the 'Add To Cart' from the alternative version.
But when I change it on the site, it either still had the 'Add To Cart' buttons on the collection page OR the layout goes totally wrong (see below).
I've not changed anything else, but clearly something isn't right! 
Any help / advice would be most appreciated. Thanks

Layout_Issue.jpg

0 Likes
l3e0wu1f
Tourist
9 0 4

Hi Steve,

Sorry to see it's giving you a hard time. I'd love to help, but it's near impossible to know what's gone wrong without being able to see your code.

If you don't have a backup copy of your theme to reference, there's always the "older versions" link next to the name of each liquid file when it's open in the editor. I'd suggest reverting your collection template back to a known version that wasn't messed up – then at least your live site can continue functioning correctly. After it's been reverted, make a copy of your theme for doing development on. This will ensure that your live site never experiences any downtime due to situations like this.

Once you've reverted back to a working version of the template, and have made a copy of your theme, please reach out to me if you'd like some additional assistance (josh.b.lewis@outlook.com).

Even if it's only for a 30-minute consultation, my rates are competitive, and I'm confident I could genuinely help you get this squared away.

Cheers,

JL

0 Likes
SteveWinch5DS
Excursionist
48 0 5

Hi Josh

As it turns out, I'd simply forgotten a </div> at the end of it all. 
It's now working, without the 'Add To Cart' button. It has also removed the SKU / Design Codes, but that's not a huge problem really... Looks better without!
Thanks for the offer though! Shall keep that in mind in future! 
And thanks for your help these last few days / weeks. Invaluable!

Cheers

Steve

0 Likes
richardmetlzer
1 0 0

Hi Brydon,

Is there a way to do this that leaves you on the collection page to be able to add more to the cart?  I would like the user to be able to add multiple items to their cart without having to go back and forth from the detail screen.

Thank you in advance. 

0 Likes
ali463
2 0 0

Hi,

Hope you are well. I also have debut theme. previously I had Supply theme. 

On Supply the code works perfectly. on the debut theme that I am using right now, the 'add to cart ' is appearing perfectly but at the quantity bit its just coming up with 1, no add or minus button. 

Did you have the same issue? if yes, how did you manage to solve it please?

0 Likes
ali463
2 0 0

Hi Romeo,

Hope you are well.

I know its over a year old but was hoping that you can help.

With this code, to align all the 'add to cart button', where are we supposed to add it please?

Many thanks

0 Likes
ram1212
5 0 0

hI it pretty much solved my problem but after adding to cart with quantity I want that to stay at same position how can I do it please help me on this

0 Likes