Adding background color on text for description of a collection

Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 3

Hi everyone, I am trying to add a background color on the text for the description in one of my collections for my shop. can someone please help me with the code edition for this? I have tried all recommendations on this discussion and havent found a resolution. 

1 Like
Highlighted

Hello,
Please share your site url and screenshot.
So that i can check and let you know the exact solution here.

Want to modify or incorporate custom changes on store, Hire us
If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution .
Email: pallavi@oscprofessionals.com
Whats app
Free Website Review and advice for sale from Shopify Conversion Experts | Shopify Private App | Custom Theme Development | Custom Modifications In To Shopify Theme | Shopify SEO ; Digital Marketing & amp | Site Speed Optimization | Performance Site Audit
1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 3

hello, my url is aumarogems.com and password is aumarogems

Screen Shot 2020-11-07 at 8.34.01 AM.png

here is the issue. on the mobile site, you cant see the description for the collection. can you help me resolve this issue?

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
485 54 76

Hey there @AuMaroGems,

You can add the following code to your theme.scss.liquid file to remove the background on mobile devices.

@media only screen and (max-width: 480px) {
body {
background-image: none !important;
}
}

Hope this helps, let me know if you need my help with anything else.

If helpful, please Like and Accept Solution
Want to hire me?
Contact Me At
WhatsApp or email me at umairabbascs@gamil.com
Hire me for 1) Theme coding 2) PSD to Shopify 3) Store optimization 4) SEO 5) Store setup 6) and more!
1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 3

Hi Umair, is there a code that addds a text background color for all text on all pages without removing the background image?

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
485 54 76

Hey, again @AuMaroGems,

You can replace the code I provided above with the following code to remove the background on the product page for mobile devices.

@media only screen and (max-width: 480px) {
.template-product body {
background-image: none !important;
}
}

For the second part, i.e changing color all over the website below text is also possible but there is not a single/simple code that will apply to all pages and all sections. So I can't do the complete part here, you can message me if you need my help.

Thanks

If helpful, please Like and Accept Solution
Want to hire me?
Contact Me At
WhatsApp or email me at umairabbascs@gamil.com
Hire me for 1) Theme coding 2) PSD to Shopify 3) Store optimization 4) SEO 5) Store setup 6) and more!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 3
Thanks again for responding. But I am not trying to get rid of the background. I am trying to add a background on the text so the writing will be legible. 
0 Likes