Adding categories to a Collection page

juslearnen
Excursionist
22 0 3

Hi all,

I'm trying to solve a minor issue, but I can't seem to find a solution.

First, I'll be referring to this page: https://kiginkin.com/collections/personal-goods

I have two main categories (Home Goods and Personal Goods) and I'm OK with having them divided into two Collections. I also know I can create sub-collections, but that's not what I'm trying to make: I have so few products I don't need that.

What I need is a very simple subdivision: when the customer visits, say "Personal Goods", I want them to see the products divided into categories *on the same page* - I've made a sketch, will attach it to this post.

As you might guess, creating separate collections is an overkill: if someone chooses "bags" and a page opens including only bags, they'll see so few bags they'll be discouraged. I want to keep the "bazaar" style where the customer just sees everything we have, but visually separated.

Does anyone know of a good solution? I've checked the forum and tried by changing the "Collection" layout, but since Shopify has so few desing options for Collection pages I can't seem to find a way to change the layout of that page (which, by the way, would be a simple task if I could add sections into Collection pages as I do with other pages. Maybe I'm missing something here.)

Thanks in advance, folks!

Screen Shot 2021-02-22 at 15.18.19.png

0 Likes
suyash1
Shopify Partner
1994 204 304

@juslearnen - please check if your page have featured collections option, you have wrote that you know sub categories but the sketch looks like that only.

You need to create main collection page and on that collection page you will have these sub collections as per sketch.

you are welcome to contact me.
My email - suyash.patankar@gmail.com

#1 page builder app on Shopify - for FREE! PageFly

My timezone is GMT+5:30
0 Likes