Adding clickable email link to pages

HIE
1 0 2

THere seems to be no way to add a clickable email link in your pages.

We do not want a form inserted but are after an ability for the customer to click on an amil and it opens within their own email program. Have done this on other sites, but cannot see it on SHopify. Help please!

Richard_
Shopify Expert
129 0 27

Hi,

Just simple, you can refer the code below

<a href="mailto:yourmail@domain.com">Send me an email</a>

I hope this help.

Richard Nguyen | PageFly CEO
Max0405
1 0 0

good

0 Likes
helenlock
1 0 0

i tried to insert the code in my Shipping page. But doesn't seem to work...

it shows the code with my email on the website. heh!

0 Likes
MsJ08
3 0 0

I tried this as well and had the same experience.  Any additional instructions would be helpful.

0 Likes
Ninthony
Shopify Partner
1802 261 711

You guys are probably putting it in the WYSIWYG editor -- You have to toggle to the html mode with the button in the top right of the text area:

issue.png

Then add the code in there and it should be a link when you preview the page.

If my solution helped you, please like and accept as solution!
If you'd like to make any edits to your store, please send me a personal message and we can discuss what you'd like to accomplish :D
0 Likes
miket1527
1 0 0

you have to go into the coding i found out. i placed mine in my header and its now clickable

0 Likes
adamhartnell1
Tourist
6 0 1

Its a lot simpler than all this, you dont need to edit code.

You click into online store > pages.

Click on the page you want to edit, and add in your email address wherever you'd like it. Highlight the email address and click on the link button. In the 'link to' section, you add in mailto:[input your email address]. An example is below.  

adamhartnell1_1-1618322144194.png

miaotte1
1 0 0

I tried all the suggested solutions and none work. I click the link and nothing happens. I can see in the bottom left of the browser window that the browser sees the "mailto:" link but when I click it, nada.

0 Likes
adamhartnell1
Tourist
6 0 1

Sorry then, that works for me every time 

0 Likes