Adding disclaimer or info on every product

Naruzio
Visitor
2 0 0

Hello!

Is it possible to add a disclaimer in every new product that I add? I have been relying to copy and paste from old products and is kind of dumb to do it this way if I can just put it into a template or code somewhere. Can anyone help?

Replies 3 (3)

Karlie
Shopify Staff
669 54 133

Hello, @Naruzio!

Karlie here from the Shopify Support Team! What you could always do is copy and paste your description into a CSV file for your products and upload all of your products or product updates at once. A product CSV is a spreadsheet file that allows you to input all of your product information and upload it to your Shopify Admin. I would recommend downloading the sample CSV, here, so that you can make sure that your CSV file is formatted correctly. This guide will help you understand how to use a CSV file and how to upload to your Shopify Admin. 

Another option would be to use an app like, OC Disclaimer Popup. This app would provide your storefront with a pop-up disclaimer window when a customer adds a specific product to their cart. If you're interested in using this app and you have any questions, feel free to use the 'Support' section of the app page of the Shopify App Store to contact the app developer. 

I hope this has answered your question. If not, or if you have any further questions please let me know. I will be happy to help!

Karlie | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Naruzio
Visitor
2 0 0

Hey @Karlie ! Thank you for getting back to me. I thought about doing the CSV route prior to reaching out here, but with we do our inventory currently, it might be difficult. I heard there might be a way to add it into the code of the theme for products. But unable to find exactly what i am looking for and i don't want to mess up the code since i don't know HTML. 

Is it possible to Edit the Code to do this function? Is just 5-6 sentences we always enter into bottom to discuss preorders and shipping speed. 

Karlie
Shopify Staff
669 54 133

Hello again, @Naruzio!

Karlie here! Okay, I see. I'm afraid that I wouldn't be able to assist you with any custom coding, however there are plenty of developers, merchants and Shopify support advisors active in the Shopify Forums Community that could lend a hand. 

Another option is to look into hiring a Shopify Expert. Shopify Experts are developers, designers, marketers and photographers who you can hire to help you with different aspects of your website. You can check out our Shopify Experts, here, if you're interested. 

Karlie | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog