Adding file upload to product page

Highlighted
Shopify Partner
2525 31 566

Two possible causes:

1. Shopify adds "novalidate" tag to your add to cart form

2. Your theme may add to cart with Ajax -- in this case validation may possibly be skipped.

Want to hire me to tweak a theme? Mail me at tairli@yahoo.com! My post solved your problem? This is my Paypal too :)
0 Likes
2 0 1

I'm having the same problem! The instructions say "As a store owner, you can view any files that your customers upload." But I can't find the file anywhere, where does it go?

1 Like
Tourist
6 0 1

that's easy to find, the hard part is finding the type = submit section (I think that's what it said, I can't see that now.

0 Likes
Tourist
6 0 1

I would think that the required option would cause any other pages in your product catalog to "require" an image upload and if most of your website isn't for image uploading, it would be perfect the way it is. I wish I could get mine to even put the image uploader in the right place and only on the pages I need an image uploader instead of every cart page in my website.

1 Like
4 0 0
I am using the Venture theme, and no matter what I do, I have no idea what image the customer uploaded, or if they even uploaded an image.

It doesnt show up in the cart (venture may use ajax, I'm not sure). Any idea what I can try?
0 Likes
1 0 0

Hello, everybody, everything worked out. Now I have noticed that the files are always uploaded even if the customer does not order at all. I can't find the files in the admin area under Settings > Files. The files can be seen in the Orders tab and can be deleted from the mask there. If you or the customer have saved the link of the file before, the file remains available and can be downloaded later at any time.

So my question is: How can I see the files that are uploaded via the product page and how can I delete them permanently?

0 Likes