Adding hero images to pages (Debut Theme).

3 0 1

Anyone have any idea how to do this? It would be really nice to be able to have full width hero images at the top of regular pages on the Debut theme. 

Any help would be super super appreciated!

Best,
A.

0 Likes

Hi, add {% section 'slideshow' %} to the top of page.liquid. see > http://take.ms/p8DdP

And you can manage the slides via customize theme option.

Available for hiring. Inbox me lixonic[at]gmail[dot]com
0 Likes
1 0 0

Hi,

This worked great at first but then realized that I had to have the same slider images for ALL pages (including homepage). It seems if I change one, they all change. Is there a way to have different sliders or hero banners appear on different pages? 

My main goal is to have the slider feature on the homepage to introduce products but have an individualized hero banner (different from homepage slider images) appear at the top of pages, collections, etc. 

Can anyone help me? 

Thanks in advance!!

0 Likes
Tourist
10 1 2

I'm trying to do the same thing. Can anyone suggest a way to do it? I have added other codes like {% section 'hero' %} and {% section 'image-bar' %} to the top but I have no idea where do I upload the image to be assigned for each page.

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
2 0 0

I found this post while attempting to accomplish the same thing. I figured it out and wrote a short blog post on my Shopify site: How to Add a Shopify Homepage Section to Any Template. I hope it helps!

0 Likes
Tourist
10 1 2

Thank you, 

0 Likes
Tourist
9 0 0

Hi , Did you ever get a resolution for the HERO image on different pages on Debut Theme?
Donna

0 Likes