Adding line break to homepage text?

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi - I'm having a lot of trouble trying to figure out how to add a line break to text on my homepage.

Site: jimmiejammies.com

Text:  "Limited Time: Buy two baby rompers, and get one FREE. Use code "BUNDLE" at checkout."  I'd like to start the text "Use code 'Bundle' at checkout." on a new line. 

Any thoughts on the best way to do so?

Thanks so much!

Charlie

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
732 47 105

Hi, Charlie. 

Dallas here from the Shopify Social Care Team and I will be more than happy to help you edit your homepage. 

For a homepage image with text like you have on your site, there is no way to insert a page break. What you would want to do instead is to put some spaces after the first sentence until the second sentence is on the second line. 

This will be the best and easiest option for what you are looking to achieve. 

I made a little video to show you exactly what I mean 
https://screenshot.click/26-10-o77gg-fw2pf.mp4

If you have any more questions please reach out to us again! Our support is here 24/7 to help you out. 

Dallas,
Social Care Team

Dallas | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Good evening, 

I am having the same issue. I have tried adding spaces, but the result of doing so varies based on the users device & screen size. Instead of appearing as a line  break, it then appears as a large gap in text.  Has there been any development in optimizing this? 

@Dallas wrote:

Hi, Charlie. 

Dallas here from the Shopify Social Care Team and I will be more than happy to help you edit your homepage. 

For a homepage image with text like you have on your site, there is no way to insert a page break. What you would want to do instead is to put some spaces after the first sentence until the second sentence is on the second line. 

This will be the best and easiest option for what you are looking to achieve. 

I made a little video to show you exactly what I mean 
https://screenshot.click/26-10-o77gg-fw2pf.mp4

If you have any more questions please reach out to us again! Our support is here 24/7 to help you out. 

Dallas,
Social Care Team

0 Likes
2 0 0

This does not work at all.

How do you add a line break in Shopify text?

0 Likes