Adding more options and variants

Highlighted
8 0 0

Hey there, Can anyone suggest a way to add more than 3 options to a product? I'm clicking on "add another Option" but it's only letting me add 3. I want to offer one product as a "5 pack deal" , so I want to add the same drop-down menu 5 times with the same variants so the customer can pick options for each of the 5 items included in the "pack"

many thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1235 5 87

There is a hard limit of 3 options. Even if there were 5, you may run out of variants anyway (limited to 100 per product).

If you look around the forum you will see people have approached this problem by capturing the extra info using Cookies (or cart attributes) and passing that through with the order as additional attributes.

Shameless plug: if you go down this path, take a look at our Personified add-on.

www.bookthatapp.com
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
5704 1 326

You can also use 1 option only plus this tool: http://www.mathsisfun.com/combinatorics/combinations-permutations-calculator.html

This will generate for you the 'variants'. 

Then you can build your 4 or 5 drop-downs and map them to your variants' ID with JavaScript.

You add the right variant to the cart based on the current selection across all drop-downs.

As Gavin says, though, you are are limited to a 100 variants. But maybe 100 will be enough for all your permutations.

~ Caroline thinking out of the box

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
5704 1 326

Here it is action: http://strosin-and-sons8386.myshopify.com/collections/frontpage/products/d-i-y-e-e

I am not using drop-downs here, I use checkboxes cause that's better.

Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
5704 1 326

I want to offer one product as a "5 pack deal" , so I want to add the same drop-down menu 5 times with the same variants

Let'e begin with some math. We have to determine if you have enough of a 100 variants.

Question 1: Customers have to pick 5 of how many different things?

Question 2: Can they pick 2 (or more) of the same thing?

0 Likes
Highlighted
8 0 0

Thank you for the help! So yea..I guess I wasn't very specific. I want to add a package thing for t-shirts. So I wanted to let the customer pick the different sizes. The color will all be the same.

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 1

I'm 10 years late, but this checkbox thing is EXACTLY what I need.  How do I do it?

Highlighted
Excursionist
18 0 5

Same, haven't found a solution yet. 
I'm looking to add a variant for a product that says [canvas only] with values [yes] and [no] that will display as checkbox. The default should be [no] and appears as an unchecked checkbox. Clicking on the checkbox makes value [yes] and affects the price of the product. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

@hamida21 

I am trying to accomplish the same thing. Have you found a way to do this?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
18 0 5