Adding new field to the newsletter subscription

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi  

I am using  the debute theme in my store. Currently the users need only to enter their name in order to subscribe in the newsletter subscriptions.

I need to add the followings 

Name 

Gender  (list of female or male)

Age (list of ages from 14 to 100)

Your responses are highly appreciated  

Best regards 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
45 0 8

Hi Talal, You will need to customise both the email list the newsletter form submits too and the form on your sites to include/capture these additional fields. 

This would require code customisations to your theme rather than something that would be available through the settings. If you're not comfortable making the code changes yourself and would like to hire me to help with the additions you could contact my email mail@danwebb.co to discuss this.

0 Likes
Highlighted
9 0 0

Hey @talal1 

Did you manage to find a solution to this? If so, I would be very grateful if you could share it with me.

I would like to add a First Name & Last Name field to my footer newsletter sign-up form.

Best,

Ali

0 Likes
Highlighted

We have many customers using the Customer Fields app to solve this exact problem. Our customers typically handle this in 2 ways:

1. Create a custom newsletter sign up form with any additional fields needed (gender, birthday, etc.)
  2. Customize your shop's registration form to include a marketing opt-in checkbox and any additional fields needed.
Michael | Business Development @ Helium
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution
Helium builds apps that merchants depend on:
Customer Fields app (since 2015)
Meteor Mega Menu app (since 2014)
1 Like