Adding pictures to variants

Highlighted
3 0 0

Hello, I sell blazers that come in three colors. I have have added the colors as variant and added photos for each. But when you click a variant you only see one picture of the variant, that I have assigned to it. I want to make it so that if you select a color you only see the 4 pictures associated with that color. Is there a way to show only pictures of the specific variant and not the entire collection of pictures?

Thank you in advance? 

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
1090 221 287

Hello ,

Yes it's possible and to achieve this you need to make code a/to theme you are using. 
But if you are not comfortable with code then you have to hire an expert.

Thanks

Want to modify or custom changes on store hire me.
My Email: guleriathakur43@gmail.com
If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution.
If you are happy and want to donate small Click here (Its my paypal)
0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0
So how do I code it in? please direct me to a solution. thanks
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1090 221 287

Follow this article  https://shopify.dev/tutorials/customize-theme-select-variants-by-clicking-images

You have to do additional code a/to your requirements and theme you are using. 

Want to modify or custom changes on store hire me.
My Email: guleriathakur43@gmail.com
If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution.
If you are happy and want to donate small Click here (Its my paypal)
1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
704 37 114

Hey, @jaybjackets.

Tira here, from Shopify Support.

Thank you @Guleria for your suggestions. If you'e using a third-party theme, or are not comfortable with making coding customizations on your own, I also suggest hiring a Shopify Expert. Shopify Experts can help with coding customizations to enhance your store. You can take a look at a list of Shopify Experts here: Shopify Experts Marketplace

I understand you already have your variant drop-down connected to an image of your variant, and you are looking to connect your variant to multiple images. If that's what you're looking to do, then the tutorial that @Guleria recommended may be helpful for your theme. If you're using a free theme from Shopify, and would like assistance with this tutorial, I can forward this to our design team to take a look. If you're not using a free theme from Shopify, such as a third-party theme from our Theme Store, then you can reach out to the third-party developer directly for assistance, or hire a Shopify Expert. 

Check out our help docs for our design policy and for where you can get support for third-party themes

What theme are you using? You can find the name of your theme after logging into your Shopify admin, and clicking on Online Store > Themes. Do you have an example of what you're looking to do?

Chat soon,

Tira | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
Highlighted
3 0 0

Hi, I'm using the free theme "Debut." Can you please direct my request to your design team. Essentially in my "CEO" jackets I don't want all 12 photos to show up at one time. I want to assign 4 to each variant (color) - Solid Blue, Blue dotted, and Classic Black so that when customers hover on the color, they see only the pictures assigned to that color. Please let me know if you need any additional clarification.

Thanks much!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
704 37 114

Thank you for letting me know what you want to do, @jaybjackets.

I looked at your request with our design team and this is something that I can send up further for them to take a look. It may not be something we can help with, so you may need to contact a Shopify Expert to help you with the request.

To make it easier for you, I've gone ahead and sent an email to the email address listed on your profile so that we can authenticate you. Could you please check your inbox? 

I look forward to hearing from you. 

Tira | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes