Adding plus minus button to quantity selector - Narrative theme

Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
363 28 56

@SuraSB wrote:

Hello @Sophia . I'm trying to do the same but use Venture qty box instead of Narrative in Narrative Theme. I tried many of codes that people was suggested, but still it's not changing in the way that i see it in Venture theme. Would you be able to help me out? 

Hi, @SuraSB

Welcome to the Shopify Community! I'd be happy to help you out with this. I can put in a customization request with our Theme Support team to see if they can change the style of the quantity selector in the Venture theme for you. However, the Venture theme's quantity selector is already a plus and minus style. Do you have a specific example of what you want the product page to look like?

Sophia | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted

Thank you for your respond @Sophia . I'm trying to change quantity box of Narrative theme to Venture theme qty box. Add + and - buttons. Screen Shot 2020-06-06 at 12.20.38 AM.png - To do exactly like this. But when im adding a code that  suppose to show this box it's not working for Narrative theme. 

Thanks,
Sura Baghirova
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
363 28 56

@SuraSB wrote:

Thank you for your respond @Sophia . I'm trying to change quantity box of Narrative theme to Venture theme qty box. Add + and - buttons. Screen Shot 2020-06-06 at 12.20.38 AM.png - To do exactly like this. But when im adding a code that  suppose to show this box it's not working for Narrative theme. 

Oh, I see! My apologies for the misunderstanding there. Thanks so much for clarifying that.

I've sent you an email so that I can authenticate your account. Please respond to the email whenever you can with your .myshopify.com URL. Once that's taken care of, I'll check in with our Theme Support team to see if they can make this change for you.

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

So happy to have found this thread. Sophia - I want to add that plus/minus quantity box but I know I don't have the expertise or time to try do it myself. How/where do I look for Shopify assistance with this? 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
363 28 56

@Erica_Cormack wrote:

So happy to have found this thread. Sophia - I want to add that plus/minus quantity box but I know I don't have the expertise or time to try do it myself. How/where do I look for Shopify assistance with this? 

Hi, @Erica_Cormack!

What is the name of the theme you're currently using? If you're using one of the free themes from Shopify and your account has a plan selected, I can submit a customization request to the Theme Support team for you. Let me know if your store meets those requirements, and I'll send you an email to get the customization request processed. Thank you!

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

I am using the narrative theme and have the same issue.

Need a + and - next to quantity selector on product page and on homepage product section. @Sophia 

Here is what my quantity selector looks like now: https://www.screencast.com/t/WphFGxer3oV

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
363 28 56

@premierbeauty wrote:

I am using the narrative theme and have the same issue.

Need a + and - next to quantity selector on product page and on homepage product section. @Sophia 

Here is what my quantity selector looks like now: https://www.screencast.com/t/WphFGxer3oV

Hi, @premierbeauty.

Welcome to the Shopify Community! Which version of the Narrative theme are you using right now? You can find the version under Online Store > Themes > Customize > Theme settings if you're not sure what it is. The most recent version at the time of this post is 9.0.9, in which the quantity selector should look like this with up and down arrows on the right-hand side of the field:

24-06-ps0le-hp8d7

I noticed an x in this spot in your screenshot, so I just want to confirm you see the same up and down arrows in your copy of Narrative. If. you'd like to proceed with sending a customization request to the Theme Support team to have the Narrative quantity selector switched to a - and+ style like the example below, please confirm in a reply here so I can send you an email to get that process started. I'm interested to learn more about why you're looking to make this change, and I'd like to share that with the Theme Support team as well, so please let me know. Thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

@Sophia 

I have the latest version of the theme https://www.screencast.com/t/Wm7i0Zi2Js

I do not see up and down selectors. My only option is to type a number OR use up and down on the keyboard.

https://www.screencast.com/t/WzDz6h0JTxY

This happens on the product page itself AND on the product section of the homepage.

Please help me get the up and down selectors, I don't care about + or - I just don't want the customer to type a number, they should be able to increase or decrease quantity via a selector.

Let me know if I need to add a snippet to the theme or something.

Thank you

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

@Sophia 

Can you please help me with this? I have the latest version of the theme but do not see the quantity selectors. Please let me know why and send me the code so I can fix it.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
363 28 56

@premierbeauty wrote:

@Sophia 

I have the latest version of the theme https://www.screencast.com/t/Wm7i0Zi2Js

I do not see up and down selectors. My only option is to type a number OR use up and down on the keyboard.

https://www.screencast.com/t/WzDz6h0JTxY

This happens on the product page itself AND on the product section of the homepage.

Please help me get the up and down selectors, I don't care about + or - I just don't want the customer to type a number, they should be able to increase or decrease quantity via a selector.

Let me know if I need to add a snippet to the theme or something.

Thank you

Hey, @premierbeauty!

That's definitely strange. I'd like to take a closer look at the theme and check in with our Theme Support team to find out why your copy of Narrative isn't displaying those quantity selector buttons. I've sent you an email to authenticate the account so I can take a look. As soon as you have a chance, please respond to that email. Thank you!

0 Likes