Adding product "add ons" on product pages

14 0 0

Hello!

I am trying to add a section on my product pages that offers customers the ability to add "extras" to their product when they add it to their cart.

So if I were selling Product A, I'd like there to be check box's above the "add to cart" button that let customers add additional items.

Actually, this thread: https://ecommerce.shopify.com/c/ecommerce-design/t/adding-extra-products-via-a-checkbox-on-a-product...

has exactly what I want...only it doesn't work! So I suppose more than anything I'd like to know if someone knew what was wrong with the code the guy posted at the bottom. It shows on my site perfectly fine, but when the extra item is checked, and I press add to cart, only the original item is added.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

- Kyle

0 Likes
14 0 0

Anyone??

0 Likes
Shopify Expert
189 0 15

Kyle,

Open us a staff account and send the link of this page as a reminder. It is a very simple thing we can look into it.

Otherwise please paste your code here so other members can also comment on it.

Hope we can help, thanks!

Pasilobus, Inc - Shopify Experts - Contact us at support@pasilobus.com
0 Likes
14 0 0

uurcan,

I am using this code on my site, which is in the url I posted: (I can't seem to make the text look like actual code, so it'd be better to just view it here.

// Establish which collection this product belongs to, if it belongs to the "accessories" collection, return false, else return true. {% assign found = false %} {% for acollection in product.collections %} {% if acollection.handle == 'accessories' %} {% assign found = true %} {% endif %} {% endfor %} {% if found == false %} // If the current product isn't in the "accessories" collection then output the extra products list <div id="accessories"> <h3>Choose options to be added to basket</h3> <ul> {% for product in collections.accessories.products %} {% for variant in product.variants %} <li><input type="checkbox" name="id[]" value="{{ variant.id }}" /> {{ product.title }} - {{ product.price | money }} (<a href="{{ product.url }}" target="_blank" title="More details on {{ product.title }}">details</a>)</li> {% endfor %} {% endfor %} </ul> </div> {% endif %}

0 Likes
14 0 0

What do you mean by "Open us a staff account"?

0 Likes
14 0 0

Someone has to know!

0 Likes
Excursionist
18 0 13

I'm looking for exactly this as well...

0 Likes
14 0 0
Excursionist
18 0 13

Any interest in pooling some money together and getting somebody to code this? We could just sell the add-on and make our money back.

0 Likes
14 0 0

I'm actually trying to find someone on fiverr.com that would do it. If I find it someone to do it, I'll be sure to post it here.

If I can't find anyone, then I'm definitely up for your suggestion.

0 Likes