Adding rows to featured collections on Supply Theme homepage

Corey_Locke
16 0 0

I have read many posts on this, but I am unable to find a true way to add additinoal rows to the featured collections on Supply Theme homepage.  Can anyone shed some more light on how this is done?

The standard is one row of up to 6 featured collections.  I need to add an additional row or two, but still be able to "control" it in the settings.

All and any help is greatly appreciated!

0 Likes
tim
Shopify Expert
2937 141 985

Absolutely.

Check this thread

Want to hire me to tweak a theme? Mail me at tairli@yahoo.com!
My post solved your problem? Like it!
0 Likes
Corey_Locke
16 0 0

Tim, thanks.

I did what it said, but I can't find where it allows me to select the number of rows in the customizer.  I can only add an additional Featured Collection Row section which is already something that can be done.  I am looking to add another row within the same featured collections row so it is not a different section.

Am I doing something wrong?

0 Likes
Corey_Locke
16 0 0

Tim, it works for the collection rows, however how can I get more rows for "featured collections" like it does for "collection rows"?

0 Likes
tim
Shopify Expert
2937 141 985

Oh, sorry for reading your initial message wrong.

For the featured collections you can add as many sections as you want. They may not look best with repeating "Shop for" heading, but you can blank it if you press "Actions", select "Edit Language" and on the "Homepage" tab edit "Heading" under "Featured collections".

If you really want to keep one section, you should edit your collection-list.liquid Section.

0. Do not forget to make a backup copy of the theme by clicking Actions and selecting "Duplicate theme" before proceeding.

1. Find this line:

"max_blocks": 6,

and replace it with this this code:

"settings": [
	{
		"type": "range",
		"id":"per_row",
		"label":"Collections per row",
		"default":4,
		"min":1,
		"max":6
	}
	],

2.  Replace this line:

{% case index %}

with this:

{% case section.settings.per_row %}

4. Replace these lines:

{% assign featured_collection_width = 'small--one-half one-third' %}
{% assign featured_collection_width = 'small--one-half one-quarter' %}

with these:

{% assign featured_collection_width = 'small--one-half medium--one-third large--one-third' %}
{% assign featured_collection_width = 'small--one-half medium--one-quarter large--one-quarter' %}

0 Likes
Corey_Locke
16 0 0

Is step 4 correct?  It looks like the same information

0 Likes
tim
Shopify Expert
2937 141 985

What do you mean the same?

One replacement is  

{% assign featured_collection_width = 'small--one-half one-third' %}

with 

{% assign featured_collection_width = 'small--one-half medium--one-third large--one-third' %}

and  another is

{% assign featured_collection_width = 'small--one-half one-quarter' %}

with 

{% assign featured_collection_width = 'small--one-half medium--one-quarter large--one-quarter' %}

I can not see how they are the same...

0 Likes
Corey_Locke
16 0 0

Sorry Tim I'm using a cell phone. I change the code and it works thank you so much.  

0 Likes
modestmounts
Excursionist
12 1 4

Wow, just wanted to comment and say THANKS this worked a treat on my website, Modest Mounts

0 Likes