Adding tabs on product page + simple entry

Solved
seokindergarten
Tourist
24 0 2

Noted!

Guess i will stick to <h6> tab instead :) 

Since <h2> tag would be better use elsewhere.

You just save my $5 each month because i was thinking to use an app for it already.

I will apply it to my actual theme now and let you know if i encounter anything again (Hopefully not) ^^"

Thanks!

0 Likes
tim
Shopify Expert
2852 117 936

seokindy, to avoid changing it all manually, you can export your products, do a search/replace in Sheets and import back overriding existing products.

Earl, I'd say it's the best to put it all together instead of the {{ product.description }} in the initial theme code.

Want to hire me to tweak a theme? Mail me at tairli@yahoo.com!
My post solved your problem? Like it!
0 Likes
Earl
Tourist
21 0 2

Hmm, yea I'm placing all the whole code, including the review code, in tabbed-description. I'm adding the "review" code right before the "style" part of the code (in the middle of tabbed-description). I get the following error.

Liquid error: Memory limits exceeded

Do you have an email where I can quickly show yo uthe website?

0 Likes
tim
Shopify Expert
2852 117 936

Well, my e-mail is right below each one of my messages :) 

Do you put that last piece of code inside  the tabbed-description.liquid Snippet?

0 Likes
seokindergarten
Tourist
24 0 2

Thanks for the tips! I tried export and import. It's more convenient to edit massive products now :)

Btw, is it possible to put a content before tabs. For example, 

https://www.seoulcheap.com/products/apieu-all-clean-remover-cara

It seems that the content without <h6> which i created for the start, also feed into the "capacity" tab. 

Here's the code for my description

<p>A'PIEU All Clean Remover Cara is a mascara makeup remover that helps completely remove every strand of eyelashes.</p>
<h6>Capacity</h6>
<p>8g</p>

0 Likes
omar10
Tourist
51 0 1

Thank you very much for sharing that however, I'm using the Turbo theme but when I wanted to search for the {{ product.description }} I couldn't find it! Is there any update for that solution ? 

0 Likes
tim
Shopify Expert
2852 117 936

Omar, I have never seen the sources of the Turbo, but suspect it may be more difficult to adapt this solution for that theme.

seokindergarten -- yes, this part of description I am extracting as pretext, you may arrange to not append it to the first tab as I do, but output before the tab headers.

0 Likes
omar10
Tourist
51 0 1

Thanks Tim for your comment, I'm really frustrated about that though! anybody tried to implement that on the Turbo theme?  as I don't like squeeze all the product contents in one tab, it doesn’t  look professional that way.

0 Likes
tim
Shopify Expert
2852 117 936

seokindergarten,

I updated the code in the first post to cater for your request. Pay attention to the comment at the top.

seokindergarten
Tourist
24 0 2

It works! I replaced the code following the gist file and i get what i was looking for.

Thanks for replying my email and helping me solve the problem within one day :)

0 Likes