Adding tabs on product page + simple entry

Solved
omar10
Tourist
51 0 1

Tim, how would the code work with my Turbo theme ,  Can you please help me to adjust it to make it work?

0 Likes
tim
Shopify Expert
2862 118 938

omar, as I said, I has not seen the source code of Turbo. If you like, you can send me an account invite to the e-mail address below, so I can have a look and let you know whether it is easy, or may need some paid time.

Want to hire me to tweak a theme? Mail me at tairli@yahoo.com!
My post solved your problem? Like it!
0 Likes
Emma9
Tourist
9 0 1

Hey Tim,

Different things are not working so good for me
- I wrote 2 titles with h6 in my product description but when I preview the page, the content of each tabs is in the same one
- I still don't know how to mix the two methods of creating tabs

Yo will find atttached my HTML code

Hope you can help me

0 Likes
tim
Shopify Expert
2862 118 938

Emma, you should remove the tutorial code before adding mine. A far as I can see from your screenshot, you're putting my code inside the tab which was created with tutorial. This is wrong.

If you're starting witn unmodified theme, you search for {{ product.description }} and replace it with {% include 'tabbed-description' %}.

If you want to add more tabs, you simply add this data to the product description before feeding it to my snippet:

In your unmodified theme, you should replace {{ product.description }}  with the code similar to the snippet I added at the bottom of first post, like:

{% capture even-more-tabs %}
    {{ product.description }}
    <h6>About Us</h6>
    {{ pages['about-us'].content }}
    <h6>Reviews</h6>
      <div id="shopify-product-reviews" 
    	 data-id="{{product.id}}"
    	 >
   	 	{{ product.metafields.spr.reviews }}
 	</div>
{% endcapture %}
{% include 'tabbed-description' with even-more-tabs %}

This code takes you product.description, adds new header tab -- About Us, then adds content of the Page(which we want to show in this tab), then adds another tab header -- Reviews,  and then adds the code necessary for the Product reviews app, and stores it into variable even-more-tabs.

And then all this html code, including description, page content and product review <div> is fed into my snippet, which breaks it into parts, outputs tab headings and divs for each tab, adds styling and javascript to power it all up.

0 Likes
Emma9
Tourist
9 0 1

Tim,

I will try what you said but to explain you the reason why I did that is because the last two tabs, I don't want to write them everytime I write a product description. They are always the same no matter the product. I would like the last 2 tabs to be integrated into the product template so I would like to modify the theme. 

0 Likes
tim
Shopify Expert
2862 118 938

Absolutely -- and my post above explains exactly how to do it.

0 Likes
Emma9
Tourist
9 0 1

I'm sorry but I'm really a debutant into coding so I don't really understand everything you say.. I'm like a child learning how to walk and losing balance every 3 minutes.. 

I did exactly as you said but I'm not sure I did it correctly. After replacing the code of "product description", do I have to do something else? Because right now it's not working. On my preview page I just have the 2 tabs of the two <h6> titles I wrote in my product description but nothing regarding the 2 tabs coming from the 2 pages.

Or maybe I'm just turning stupid and I don't even know how to read correctly what you write. That's a possiblity!

0 Likes
tim
Shopify Expert
2862 118 938

Try moving endcapture and include lines to be above </div>

0 Likes
Emma9
Tourist
9 0 1

Nop, not working.. 

0 Likes
omar10
Tourist
51 0 1

Guys, how to increase the size of the tab's font ? I tried to change the  tag <h6>  to <h3> but it brok the code and I lost the tabs so I had to change it back to <h6>, anybody tried that ? please share it. and at the moment I have my tabs looking like that  but I want it to look like this ,

0 Likes