Adding testimonials slider to the bottom ofhome page.

3 0 0

How do I add a testimonials slider to the bottom of my home page? I am using the Minimal theme, I want to be able to post more than just 3 testimonials. directions and links to add into a code would be great!

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
596 39 85
 Hi, there. 

Dallas here from the Shopify Social Care Team. 

I think that it is a great idea to add some testimonials to your website. It is a great way to boost customer confidence and hopefully help to make more sales. 

For reviews, you will want to get an app specially designed for testimonials. 

I took the liberty of going through and testing some options out for you that will allow you to add more than three testimonials to your home page. 

The first one is called Testimonial Showcase. I tried it out and I can say that it will allow you to have more than 3 testimonials on the page. 
09-50-v5ij5-a7onk

Another great option is the Testimonials Slider App by Elfsight. This app will also allow you to add the testimonials to your home page. As well it has a lot of other custom design features that you can use to make sure the slider looks exactly how you want it to.
09-00-jmsw3-fjh50

Once you add that app to your Store Admin you will just need to get the slider code and add it to your theme.liquid. This will make sure that it is on your home page. Once you have the code you will just need to go to your Store Admin and click Themes > Action > Edit Code > Themes.liquid. 

Then just add the code snippet to the bottom of your home page and you will be good to go. 

It should look somewhat like this:09-05-1897x-jfj6j

There are a lot of other options that you can look into on our app store, but these two are the ones that I have personally tested out. 

Does that help to answer your question and give you some ideas of what you can do? 

If you are looking to do testimonials on your site, you may also be interested in the Shopify Product Reviews app. The Shopify Review app is completely free and will allow your customers to leave a review of your products specifically. This review will then be showcased by the product for future customers to see.

This has been shown to also help with customer conversion. Have you looked into this? Or does this interest you at all? 

Dallas | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
3 0 0
Thank you. But is there not a way to do this without paying an additional
fee every month? $80 a month is alot all on its own, to not be able to add
more than 3 testimonials. I've seen someone with the same theme that have
"dots" under their testimonials section to see more than just 3
0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
596 39 85

I completely understand how the thought of cost can be worrisome. However, for what you are looking to do the apps will be the best option. They will give you more control over what you see and how your home page will be set up. 

If you let me know the name of the theme that you are currently using, though, I will be happy to take a look at its features to see if there is anything else that I can suggest for you. 

What theme are you currently using? Also, what stores are you referring to that currently have dots for more testimonials? I can't verify if they are on the Shopify platform, or what theme they are using, but with their store URL, I might be able to get more ideas that can help you. 

0 Likes
3 0 0
Thank you for the response, my theme is the minimal theme. And the other
webpage is also using the minimal theme from what I can see. Their website
is simplysawyer.com
0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
596 39 85

Thank you so much for sending that over. By the looks of it, they are using a theme that is similar to Debut. 

If you were to use the Debut theme you would be able to get the testimonial feature you are looking for! 

Can you try that and see how it works? 

Best, 
Dallas

0 Likes
3 0 0

Is there a way to add the testimonial section to the Brooklyn theme?

Thanks in advance

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
596 39 85

Hey! 

Great question. There isn't a direct native feature for testimonials on the Brooklyn theme, but I did find some apps that I think could work for what you're looking for. 

There is a free app called Product Reviews and it was created by Shopify. It's more for product reviews rather than testimonials, but it's a great app. The best part is that it's free. 

If you have any objections to that option and are looking for direct testimonials the there are some other apps that you can look into like Kudobuzz which is a great one and it has a free plan available. 

There is also EMV Testimonials & Reviews. It isn't free, but it's highly reviewed. 

This link will take you to the app store where we have all of our testimonial apps listed. 

This should help you get started, but if you need more help please feel free to let me know. 

0 Likes