Adding text to the checkout page

Solved
Highlighted
2 0 0

German-based online shops need to show a disclaimer on the last checkout page, warning of additional toll fees, for shipments leaving the EU. This is especially relevant for shipments into Switzerland.

The disclaimer needs to be on the last page, where the buyer presses the final button before the purchase.

I understand that I can not edit the checkout page without a Pro account, but paying 2000$ per month just for this seems outrageous. 

So I am asking if there is a workaround for this?

For now I have to halt any orders into Switzerland..

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
459 26 72

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, there!

Karlie here from the Shopify Guru Team! I've been looking into the functionality you're looking for with your shop and I think I have a couple of workaround ideas that might be beneficial to you. As you had mentioned, you wouldn't be able to edit your checkout page - but you could add features to your cart page so that your customers can read up on the information you need them to. 

The first option you can consider would be to use an "Agree to terms" box on your cart page. This function would basically allow you to direct your customers to a "terms and conditions" page where you can outline the information you need to. Then, your customers would have to check off a box to let you know that they've read and agreed to your conditions. You can do this by following our manual guide, here

Another option you have would be to use an app that would provide a similar type of feature as the manual guide would help you with. There are a few apps in the Shopify App store that would work for the feature you're interested in. I'll be sure to list them below:

I hope this helps, but if you have any further questions - be sure to ask and I would be happy to help!

*Karlie* | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
Highlighted
2 0 0

thank you for the detailed answer. this is certainly better than nothing.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Explorer
59 3 3

also in the backend of shopify you can go to settings -> Checkout 

and look for a input box labeled "Additional scripts" under "Order Processing" and put a message there, this will show on second to last page while entering shipping information.

2 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
459 26 72

Hello, @maxpain!

Karlie here once again! We have since created a feature that is built into your Shopify Admin that would allow you to display important information on the checkout page of your storefront with Shopify. This feature would give you the functionality to display specific information, require a confirmation step, add terms of service policies, or add tax information. You can read all about how to use this feature with your storefront by following our handy guide, here

Let me know if you have any further questions - I'm happy to help! 

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hey @Karlie!

I tried to follow the steps you mentioned, however, when reaching step #3 (In the Order processing section, check Require a confirmation step.) I cannot find it in the settings / checkout section.

Where can I find this option?

Screen Shot 2020-06-15 at 11.07.34.png

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 1

Hi @Karlie 

This appears to be specifically for customers in Germany.  Will it be rolling out to all customers?  Including the US?

Thanks,

Matt

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
459 26 72

Hey, @leanful and @matt-g!

Karlie here! I've reached out to our technical team to see why this feature isn't working for some stores. It seems that this feature, although available for merchants outside of Germany, hasn't been rolled out to each store on the Shopify platform. I have brought this feedback up to our team, so this is something that our technical team will work on in the future. I cannot provide an ETA, but I can let you know that our internal team is aware of the issue. 

2 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0
Excellent! Many thanks!

Looking forward to seeing this fully rolled out

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 5

Here is a fantastic soultion by aman

It can show you the text message when you choose "Cannada" as a shipping country.

Example : https://byaman.myshopify.com/

You can add more countries in the if condition and customize the message.

Here is the tutorial https://byaman.com/adding-notification-on-shopify-checkout/

Replace following line of code

if(country != 'United States'){

by

if(country == 'Germany'){

0 Likes