Adding videos to homepage (not from Youtube or Vimeo)?

2 0 0

Hello everyone,

Do you know how to add videos on the homepage without linking them from Youtube or Vimeo?

So far we linked to Youtube but the video doesn't play automatically on mobile and it doesn't look good, at all, there.

I've found this how-to but it only mentions those two methods. I'm using the Parallax theme if that helps. A third option on my theme seems to be linking to a html5 file, but I'm not sure what that would concern.

Please let me know if you know of any other option or have any recommendations.

Thanks!

0 Likes
Shopify Expert
9807 91 1558

Before you go down this path have you considered the impact on forcing videos to play on mobile devices and their bandwidth?

Some browsers also play a decent part in stopping videos from autoplaying so you'll really want to understand what devices/browsers your customers are using to know if this is even worth exploring.

★ Winning Partner of the Build a Business competition. ★ http://freakdesign.com.au
0 Likes
2 0 0

Ah I see. Thanks for your answer!

0 Likes
1 0 0

@Jason wrote:

Before you go down this path have you considered the impact on forcing videos to play on mobile devices and their bandwidth?

Some browsers also play a decent part in stopping videos from autoplaying so you'll really want to understand what devices/browsers your customers are using to know if this is even worth exploring.

And if the answere is yes, is there a way?  

0 Likes