Adjusting position of text and button on slideshow DEBUT theme

Solved
13 0 0

Hello!

I have been stuck with this for a few days now so hopefully I can get some help! I just want to adjust the position (or height) of the text and box on my slideshow, Im using Debut theme. I know its possible to do this playing around with some numbers on the code but I can't figure out where this is. 

Please help!!

screenshot.jpgThis is what I want to do

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
357 13 47

Hey, there.

Dallas here from the Social Care Team.

I'd love to help you with this however, you're right, it'll require specialized customization. Although I'm not trained in coding for things like this and can't personally make the customization for you I do have some options that you might want to take a look at.

In this case, you have 3 options:

Option #1
I can send you an email and we can send this up to the themes department here. They can then take a look and see what they can do to customize this for you. Since you're using a Shopify Theme you're entitled to 60 mins of free design time. So that means for this customization it won't cost you anything. If you want me to send this up to the team please let me know!

Option #2
You can reach out to the Shopify Experts. They're amazing when it comes to adding custom built things into your store. Have you thought about reaching out to them yet?

Option #3
Would be to wait here for a developer or another merchant to reach out to you with any information that they might have in regards to how you can do this yourself.

Please let me know what one you decide.

Dallas | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
1086 172 222

Hi,

If you want to move text to downward then follow this:

Add bellow css in Asset->theme.scss file at bottom.

.hero__inner{ top: 10px; }

Note: You can play with top

Want to modify or custom changes on store hire me.
If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution.
Email: jasoliyabrijesh123@gmail.com
0 Likes
13 0 0

Hello Jasoliya,

Thanks for your reply! this is the kind of fix I was looking for!!! I added that piece of code to the theme.scss.liquid (in assets file) at the bottom and tried changing the number for "top" but it doesnt seem to change anything? is this the right place to put it?

Thanks a lot in advance!

0 Likes
13 0 0

Hello!

Thank you for your answer, I think I will wait and see if someone will take pity on me on this forum :D hopefully someone from the community can help out!

Thank you!

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
1086 172 222

Send me your store url so i can check

0 Likes
13 0 0

Thank you Jasoliya,

I have decided to remove the text completely and leave only the button for now, which I finally managed to move downwards. But now for some reason on the mobile version there is a huge white space between the slideshow-button-text below. The space was already there before I moved the button down.

How can I get rid of all this extra white space? I noticed there is also a lot of white space between "rich text" and my featured collection. See screenshot attached

screenshot3.jpg

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
1086 172 222

Without checking your store how can i find solution? I told you to send your store url

0 Likes
13 0 0

@Jasoliya wrote:

Without checking your store how can i find solution? I told you to send your store url

Ok, ok, sorry.

https://cat-lover-tribe.myshopify.com/

0 Likes

Success.

Shopify Partner
1086 172 222

Add bellow css:

#shopify-section-1560353259267,#shopify-section-1560857773705{ padding-bottom: 0; }
.slideshow__btn-wrapper { top: 0; }
.slideshow__text-content--mobile{ padding-top: 5px; } 

This css given by console so only work for your section

You can play with padding.

0 Likes