Admin Bar

Joshua_Sankey
Tourist
6 0 6

I am using a Free Shipping bar addon and I realized that recently the Shopify Admin Bar (black bar when logged in as admin) is acting weird with this app installed. What is odd is that it seemed like the admin bar was not being shown for quite some time and then randomly today it started showing up again...

...is there a way to remove this admin bar? I know customers cannot see it, but I would like to remove it.

Thanks.

0 Likes
Maggie_M
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
99 0 16

Hi Joshua,

Maggie here, Shopify Guru. :)

Good question! I've never been asked this one before.

Unfortunately, the admin bar that you see on your storefront while logged in is a part of the core Shopify platform, and like any structural part of the Admin, it cannot be changed.

That said, the first thing I would suggest to troubleshoot is just testing it out on another browser to ensure it's not a browser-related issue.

If the problem persists on the other browser, this might be an issue to reach out to the app developer about. They should be providing a functional app that plays nicely with the Shopify core platform, and would likely want to know about this. They might be able to provide some further insight here!

Hope this helps! You can also contact support 24/7 if you have any more questions!

- Maggie M | Shopify

0 Likes
Smartico
Tourist
5 0 1

You can hide it by adding this line of code to your CSS file.

#admin-bar-iframe {
  display:none;
}

Not sure why you'd want to hide it.. it's kinda useful

0 Likes