Admins / Mods - Need your attention. Shopify needs to fix this.

mmonshop
2 0 4

We use a lot of FBA to ship our shopify order and we get tons of mails from customers because these are broken at Shopify's end  and need to be fixed -

1. Most times, Amazon fulfills orders in parts. Shopify is unable to record that and sends the customer a message saying that all the items have been shipped together, which is not the case. This needs to be fixed.

2. The tracking link on Shopify, for Amazon Logistics is WRONG. Shopify sends people to https://track.amazon.com/tracking - which is not the correct link.
The correct link is http://swiship.com/track

Please fix these.

Thank you

Probity
Tourist
4 0 2

I experience the same issue.

Here is what I've learned from some Shopify App that helps with FBA shipments:

Unfortunately, we have the same issue as Shopify, but what we have found is that it is actually a restriction of Amazon not providing all of the tracking numbers correctly or sending our servers all of the tracking numbers.

@mmonshop I think we would benefit if you change the subject so it will be more informative, it's too generic.

I propose the following subject: [Issue Report] FBA Fullfilments in multiple shipments are not integrated well with Shopify

0 Likes
watchguynyc
2 0 0

same issue here and i am sure anyone that uses FBA has the same problem with the tracking url when Amazon ships TBA. There should be a way to edit the url so that it uses the "swiship" link. I have contacted shopify directly and hopefully will have a fix to this.

0 Likes
Nurettin
2 0 1

Hello

Were you able to solve this problem. I have the same problem. Its really a headace.

0 Likes
mmonshop
2 0 4

So I created a hack around it. In the email that goes with the tracking details, instead of letting shopify use default tracking link of USPS / UPS, I am directing all the tracking to amazon tracking portal -  swiship.com so the customers are able to see all their shipments of the order here. 

Nurettin
2 0 1

Yes I have done the same, something like this works for now:

{% if fulfillment.tracking_numbers.size == 1 and fulfillment.tracking_company and fulfillment.tracking_url %}

{% if fulfillment.tracking_company == 'Amazon Logistics'%}
Amazon Logistics Tracking Number: <a href=https://www.swiship.ca/track?id={{ fulfillment.tracking_numbers.first }}>{{ fulfillment.tracking_numbers.first }}</a>
{% else%}

{{ fulfillment.tracking_company }} tracking number: <a href="{{ fulfillment.tracking_url }}">{{ fulfillment.tracking_numbers.first }}</a>
{% elsif fulfillment.tracking_numbers.size == 1 %}
Tracking number: {{ fulfillment.tracking_numbers.first }}
{% else %}
Tracking numbers:<br />
{% for tracking_number in fulfillment.tracking_numbers %}
{{ tracking_number }}<br />
{% endfor %}
{% endif %}
{% endif%}
</p>
{% endif %}

Probity
Tourist
4 0 2

@Nurettin wrote:

Yes I have done the same, something like this works for now:

{% if fulfillment.tracking_numbers.size == 1 and fulfillment.tracking_company and fulfillment.tracking_url %}

{% if fulfillment.tracking_company == 'Amazon Logistics'%}
Amazon Logistics Tracking Number: <a href=https://www.swiship.ca/track?id={{ fulfillment.tracking_numbers.first }}>{{ fulfillment.tracking_numbers.first }}</a>
{% else%}

{{ fulfillment.tracking_company }} tracking number: <a href="{{ fulfillment.tracking_url }}">{{ fulfillment.tracking_numbers.first }}</a>
{% elsif fulfillment.tracking_numbers.size == 1 %}
Tracking number: {{ fulfillment.tracking_numbers.first }}
{% else %}
Tracking numbers:<br />
{% for tracking_number in fulfillment.tracking_numbers %}
{{ tracking_number }}<br />
{% endfor %}
{% endif %}
{% endif%}
</p>
{% endif %}

Hey Nurettin, thanks for sharing your code, that is a simple and elegant solution.

For the "Amazon Marketplace Web" integration, can you please confirm that the tracking company is indeed "Amazon Logistics"?

0 Likes
watchguynyc
2 0 0

Thank you! Have no idea how to enter code though.

0 Likes