Age Verification Popup Issue

3 0 0

I added an age verification popup on my site: elixirlabz.com but once you click enter the page goes blank instead of loading. I followed these instructions:

1. Created a snippet and added a code.
  2. Then I went to the 'Layouts' tab then selected liquid theme.
  3. Added a small code next to the <body opening.

Is there something I am missing?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
430 22 62
Hey, there. 

Dallas here from the Shopify Social Care Team. 

As much as I would love to help you with this, I'm not actually trained in code related to third party apps. In this particular instance, you're going to want to reach out to the app developer directly since they know all about their apps code. That will be the most efficient option for you. Sometimes apps are even willing to just do it for you. 

In order to find the app developers contact information you can either google or you can go into the app store for the app in question and then scroll down to where it says "Support": 
21-12-k35gc-ml2vx

If they're not able to help you then you can also reach out to the Shopify Experts. They're able to tackle much bigger issues regarding code than I am so they should be able to assist.  

I know this isn't direct help, but I do hope that helps to point you in a direction. 

Best,

Dallas | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Explorer
103 3 11

@QSC wrote:

I added an age verification popup on my site: elixirlabz.com but once you click enter the page goes blank instead of loading. I followed these instructions:

1. Created a snippet and added a code.
  2. Then I went to the 'Layouts' tab then selected liquid theme.
  3. Added a small code next to the <body opening.

Is there something I am missing?

I've takes a look at your site, but I don't see any age popup.

Personally I think it is not good for a simple function like this we have to pay monthly for an app, then we still have to do some code. It is very easy to implement a function like this. You can do by yourself or you can easy to hire people on Fiverr to do it. It is simple.

Vince Nguyen | Ecommerce Consultant at HappyPoints.io
Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
Email me at: vince@happypoints.io
0 Likes
2 0 0

Hi there -

I realize I'm a little late to this post but just wanted to mention that a version of Token of Trust for Shopify is in the works that can help here. While we do more than just age verification, for this offering we're specifically focused on helping to ensure that vendors with age restricted products (alcohol, tobacco, wine, e-cig, vape, supplements, etc) have the means to comply with the law and keep restricted products from getting into the hands of minors. The product is much more than just a popup to record date of birth. It actually verifies age through electronic age verification on checkout with fall back to collecting photo ID for when there are problems with digital verification for vendors that want stronger defensibility. It works internationally and we understand that the user experience is critical and work hard to get it right - especially for repeat customers. Last but not least, we ensure you have what you need should the authorities come knocking. 

Please do reach out to me (darrin@tokenoftrust.com) or (support@tokenoftrust.com) and mention that you saw us here if this sounds interesting!

Thanks!

-Darrin

0 Likes