Age Verify help needed (Debut theme)

Tourist
8 0 0

Hi all 

I am adding this age verify to my site I would like to change the text and buttons margin from Left to centred and can not find in the code anywhere that I can change this can anyone help? I have add the part of the code in question below. also I would like to change the type text for our business name (vape conspiracy to "Cinzel decorative black")  a different font from the rest of the text is this possible to do. and lastly I would like to insert out logo if possible as well but not a must have I am sure there is a code snippet I can add the achieve this its just a little above my pay grade :)

any help would be awesome 

Thanks Wayne

screen shot age verify fix needed small.jpg

{% assign enter_date_of_birth = false %}
{% assign age = 19 %}
{% capture adult_header %}
WELCOME TO VAPE CONSPIRACY
{% endcapture %}
{% capture adult_text %}
Please verify that you are 19+ years of age to continue  
{% endcapture %}
<div id="prompt-background">
  <div id="age-check-prompt" class="modal-prompt">
    <h1>
      {{ adult_header }}
    </h1>
    <p>
      {{ adult_text }}
    </p>

And the style

<style>
.modal-prompt {
  background: #fff;
  border-radius: 2px;
  box-shadow: 0px 0px 10px rgba(0,0,0,0.5);
  width: 575px;
  height: auto;
  margin: 0 auto;
  padding: 10px 35px 30px 50px;
  position: relative;
  top: 25%;
  z-index: 1000000;
}
.modal-prompt p, .modal-prompt h1 {
  color: #555555;
}
#prompt-background {
  background: url("{{ 'age-check-background.jpg' | asset_url }}") no-repeat center center fixed #555;
  -webkit-background-size: cover;
  -moz-background-size: cover;
  -o-background-size: cover;
  background-size: cover;
  width: 100%;
  height: 100%;
  position: fixed;
  left: 0;
  top: 0;
  z-index: 9999999;
}

.modal-prompt select { float: Left; margin-right: 10px; }
</style>

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
559 36 79
Hey, Wayne. 

Dallas here from the Social Care Team at Shopify. 

Since you're using a third party app I, unfortunately, won't be able to help you with the specifics of the code in this case. I'm trained in settings with Shopify, but when it comes to other apps there are so many different variations and I don't have access to their back end. To ensure that you get the best and most relevant assistance for your particular situation it'll be best to reach out to the app directly. 

I'll add though, that if you go into the app on under Apps in your Store Admin there are generally settings that you can use to adjust your button or landing page to be more like what you're wanting. There's usually a section at the very bottom of the page that's specifically for CSS and that can be used to customize the button to your desired preference. 

Since I can't verify what app you're using and I'm not trained in third-party coding it'll be best to reach out to the apps designated support team. In a lot of cases, they'll actually help you make the adjustments that you want by doing it for you or at least giving you the exact steps that you'd need to do. 

When you go onto the app page in the Shopify App Store you'll see a section labeled Support on the right-hand side with all of the app contact information. 

If they don't help you with what you need/want then you can reach out to the Shopify Experts. The Experts are very talented in dealing with a variety of complex requests and also when it comes to third-party code adjustments like this, so they should definitely be able to assist you further. 

I know this isn't the direct answer to the question that you asked, but I hope that it helps to lead you in a direction! 

Please let me know if I can be of more assistance! 

Dallas | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
8 0 0

Hi Dallas

thanks for responding to my post 

The app or snippet I am trying to use to replace my current age verify app. came from a shopify guru they just could not do these mod's and I was sent to a design team member who said they couldn't help me either. If this is a third party piece of code I have no idea where it came from lol. I have done some mods to the code myself but it is not clear where or if there is any ability to make the changes I want. there is no clear section within the code that points to margin and as well as font used. this is why I am trying here to hopefully get some direction.

So this is where it stands at this point I can use it as I have it set up now, I just wanted to make it a little more aesthetically pleasing. if you have any idea that may help that would be great.

thanks again Dallas

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
559 36 79

No worries, I totally understand what you mean. 

In that case, it'll be best to reach out to the Shopify Experts because they aren't directly associated with our design team. They might be your best bet when it comes to making the adjustments to make your button more aesthetically pleasing. 

Actually, for that matter, my original post suggestion in regards to reaching out to the app devs is still relevant. They might be the best ones who could help you. The app was suggested by a guru, but they would have found that app in the app store. You did download your app from the Shopify App Store correct?

Even though I wrote in this forum it's still possible that another person will have some information to add to this thread to help you out. 

1 Like
Tourist
8 0 0

Hi Dallas 

this app/snippet was not down loaded from the app store, it has been installed with help from a guru, like I mentioned I don't have access to the developers. I am on my own with this so I will just keep plugging away until I figure it out lol. 

I do have an app running right now until I figure this one out. 

I will keep this post up and see if any ideas come in that may help.

Thanks again Dallas

Wayne

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
559 36 79

That sounds like a great plan. 

Sorry, I misunderstood and I thought that the guru just suggested the app for you for the Shopify App Store. If you aren't sure what exactly to do and if you'd prefer to not reach out to the freelance Shopify Experts have you thought about maybe getting a new app? 

It might end up just being easier to change to a different app. Have you thought about an app like Age Checkify or Age check w/ Age Verifier? This'll allow you to reach out to the actual app developers when you need more assistance.

1 Like