Altering a purchased theme (Canopy)

SarahH
Tourist
10 0 4

I am looking at purchasing the Canopy theme but would like to make a few changes and was wondering if this would be possible before I make the commitment as I am on a tight budget.

I would like the collection listings on the main page to feature a horizontal scrolling menu with dots underneath, my Instagram feed and a section of testimonials with images.

Is this something I would be able to do or would I be better choosing a different theme with these features? 

Many Thanks!

0 Likes
Aria
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
811 27 273

Hey, @SarahH !

Aria here, I'm on the Social Care team at Shopify.

We have a Design Policy where you can get up to an hour of free design time but it only applies to themes that were created by Shopify, so the free themes. If you want to make changes to a third-party theme such as Canopy, you can either make the changes yourself or hire someone to do it for you. Merchants often hire Shopify Experts to do this. It could be worth posting your requirements to get people to bid on the job, that way you can find out how much it will cost to make the changes before you commit.

If you decide you'd like to try it yourself, this guide explains how to get started.

Before you make changes to any theme (including app installation), make a backup copy you can revert to if things go wrong.

You can use apps to achieve a couple of the things you are trying to do. Instafeed has a free plan available and can put your Instagram feed on your homepage. You can find similar apps here. We also have apps for testimonials.

Aria | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog