Alternate Images/Product views on embedded product modal

Shopify Expert
4 0 0

Hello!

Does anybody know if it is possible to view alternate product images (ie supporting images/not the featured image) on the lightbox modal that pops up with embedded products/collections? I do not see any specific documentation around supporting images, so wanted to check if anybody had any experience with it.

I have a client with a wordpress/woocommerce shop. She wants the shop hosted on Shopify but wants to keep the site exactly the same and just embed the products/collections. She requires alternate views of the products she is selling.

Thanks!

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
339 0 49

Hi DariaRose,

I understand what you mean - I've seen lots of merchants use this in the past. That being said, there might be some themes that have this configured already - you'd have to check, I couldn't find anything in our internal recommendation database where that feature was specific. Doesn't mean it's not there in any of the themes - just means we haven't been actively looking for it (because we haven't really been asked this).

That being said, I wasn't able to find anything in the app store that would facilitate this, but you should totally look into contacting an Expert to help you implement this:

Alicia | Support Lead for Shopify
0 Likes
Shopify Expert
4 0 0

Thanks Alicia,

We actually are shopify experts, and I could implement this, I just dont see any documentation, so I was hoping somebody could direct me to that or an example.

Thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
81 0 11

I'll move this thread to Shopify Design

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
1346 22 208

One way to do that is to set a specific ALT tag on the image you want to use/show, loop troug the images, match that ALT tag and set that image.

https://sections.design tips, tricks & Shopify sections
0 Likes