Alternative Buy button for Dynamic Checkout

Solved
Highlighted
Tourist
8 0 1

Hi, I don't want to use the dynamic checkout button because I want to get rid of the Paypal Express payout on my cart. What code can I use to have an alternative Buy Button?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1400 139 384

This is an accepted solution.

Hey there, @winterisme16 

Bo here from Shopify Support!

I was able to take a look into this and found that the dynamic checkout buttons appear based on a number of things - most importantly the user's browser. So, when you are looking at the button in the theme customizer you are looking at it as though you have no cache, whereas when you look at your site on a regular browser it appears as a PayPal button as you have logged into PayPal on your browser previously.

For your customer, the button that is most relevant to their online habits will show so if I were to look at your site from Safari on my iPhone I would see the option for Apple Pay. As the option that is shown is subjective to the user there is no way to make sure it only shows the Buy It Now as this is expected behavior.

To summarise, if your store has these payment options i.e. PayPal, Apple Pay, Google Pay the button will appear with the customers' most used payment method. The only way to prevent PayPal from showing up as a dynamic button on your product page is by disabling PayPal. We do have a tutorial on removing the dynamic checkout buttons from the cart/first page of the checkout here however, there is a known issue with this method and our developers are working on an alternative. I would recommend subscribing to the thread so you will be notified when there is an update. I hope this makes sense, if you have any further questions please do let me know!

All the Best 

Bo

Bo - Social Care @ Shopify

Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes