Solved

Why can't I find the text bar to edit my announcement in Shopify impulse theme?

staritaboutique
Tourist
4 0 1

Hi, I have the impulse theme and I have the announcement bar located at the top of my website and I am trying to edit the text because a sale I had will no longer be in effect but the issue I am having is that I can not locate the text bar in settings to delete the text. It seems to have disappeared because I only have the option to either check off "use compact style" or check off "always show above header."

Accepted Solution (1)
OpenThinking
Shopify Partner
321 81 120

This is an accepted solution.

Hi there,
Jack from OpenThinking here!

You need to click on the arrow and then on "Announcement"

step 1:

Screenshot 2021-07-08 at 23.10.39.png

step 2

Screenshot 2021-07-08 at 23.10.55.png

let me know if this works for your. If yes; accept my answer and give me thumbs up! Thank you.

️ Get our [Shopify Themes]: Lightning-fast, eye-catching, highly converting, SEO-optimised, Minimal.
Struggling with CODE? You need a Shopify expert to help you with your theme! [Get a free quote]

View solution in original post

Replies 7 (7)

Nick_Marketing
Shopify Partner
1487 336 462

Check theme editor. Shopify has introduced Editor 2.0, thus things may look different now than before.

I would look around in theme settings, it's likely there. Possibly in the header section.

Nick | Ecommerce & Marketing Technology Consultant | Toronto, CANADA
- For consulting work availability, please send me a Private Message or submit a ✍️Contact Form.
- For FREE Shopify Tutorials, Subscribe to my YouTube channel (▶️ Ecommerce TV).
staritaboutique
Tourist
4 0 1
Thank you for your response. I’ve looked throughout the settings and I’m
still unable to locate the text bar.

OpenThinking
Shopify Partner
321 81 120

This is an accepted solution.

Hi there,
Jack from OpenThinking here!

You need to click on the arrow and then on "Announcement"

step 1:

Screenshot 2021-07-08 at 23.10.39.png

step 2

Screenshot 2021-07-08 at 23.10.55.png

let me know if this works for your. If yes; accept my answer and give me thumbs up! Thank you.

️ Get our [Shopify Themes]: Lightning-fast, eye-catching, highly converting, SEO-optimised, Minimal.
Struggling with CODE? You need a Shopify expert to help you with your theme! [Get a free quote]
staritaboutique
Tourist
4 0 1
Thank you for your response. I only have two options and I don’t see the
arrow mentioned.
staritaboutique
Tourist
4 0 1

I got it to work after seeing your images. Thank you so much!

PATCHPrue
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi there, 

I'm still having the same issue with my theme which is 'Pipeline'. It is not in the dropdown of the header. 

Any idea how I can update it? 

PATCHPrue_0-1628584789327.png

Thanks

Prue 

Nick_Marketing
Shopify Partner
1487 336 462

hmm, I think what you are refering to is called 'Announcement bar', if you are fully confident that you cannot find it in the theme settings. You could try going into theme.liquid file and commenting it out there. But generally making changes in the theme code should be done with caution (by the developer) as it is very easy to mess up the theme.

Nick | Ecommerce & Marketing Technology Consultant | Toronto, CANADA
- For consulting work availability, please send me a Private Message or submit a ✍️Contact Form.
- For FREE Shopify Tutorials, Subscribe to my YouTube channel (▶️ Ecommerce TV).