App Notification will not go away

Highlighted
1 0 0

We have a notification on the app that will not go away. We do not have any pending orders.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
572 28 189

Hi, @txclosetco!

This is Rae from Shopify. Thanks for letting us know about the notification on your app, and welcome to the Shopify Community. 

It's possible that this notification is coming from an order that has been refunded, or an order that was only partially fulfilled. These orders are technically considered 'open' orders in the Shopify admin, and whenever an order is 'open' a notification will still appear for this order. However, there are certainly some steps we can take to help remove this notification if this is the case. 

To get started, please login to your Shopify mobile app and click on 'Orders'. Then, tap on the 'Search'  bar at the top of the app, and under 'Saved searches'  select 'Open'. If you see any orders listed here, just select each order and click the three dots in the top right hand corner of the app. From this menu, tap 'Archive order'. Make sure to do this with any orders showing under 'Open'

Equally, if there aren't any orders under 'Open', continue to select 'Unfulfilled'  and 'Unpaid'  under 'Saved searches'  until you come across the order creating the notification. Once you find this order, make sure to archive it by following the steps above, or by checking out the specific steps listed here

Please let me know if this removes the notification from your app. If you're still experiencing issues with this notification after archiving every open order, just reply to me here and I'll be glad to help investigate this further. 

I look forward to hearing back from you! 

Rae | Social Care @ Shopify
Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
Was your question answered? Mark it Accept as Solution to help others locate the answer!
To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center, or the Shopify Blog.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 1

Hi there, I followed these steps but still notification still will not disappear. Please advise. Thank you 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
572 28 189

Hi, @kevchang12

Thank you for jumping in here and letting me know that you're also having troubles with notifications on your app. 

To confirm, are these notifications showing on the Shopify Mobile app, or the Shopify POS app

Since you've already worked through the steps above and archived any open orders, there are some further troubleshooting steps we can take directly on your device, and on the app you're using, to try and remove this notification. 

In particular, I recommend ensuring the software on your device is fully up to date. If you're using an iOS device, you can update it by following these steps. However, if you're using an Android device instead, just follow these steps to update your device. If you have any pending updates available, please go ahead and run those updates now.

Next, it's important to check if there is an update available to the Shopify app that you're using. iOS apps can be updated by following these steps, and Android apps are updated by following this process

Once those updates are complete, please let me know if the notifications are still appearing on your app. 

Talk soon! 

Was your question answered? Mark it Accept as Solution to help others locate the answer!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 1
Hi Rae,

My app is fully updated and I am using Shopify mobile on iOS.Notification
still there.

Thanks
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
572 28 189

Hi, @kevchang12

Thanks for letting me know. 

If you don't need these notifications, a great workaround is turning them off altogether. To do this, please open up 'Settings' on your iOS device, select 'Notifications > Shopify', and disable the notifications here. 

However, I understand these notifications are important, so I'm also going to reach out to you via email to help look into this further. If you still need assistance with this, please reply directly to my email and I'll be glad to lend a hand. 

I'll be in touch soon! 

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 1

Hi, I’ve got the same issue. Kindly help. 

Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
572 28 189

Hi, @ColourMeMats

I appreciate you reaching out to let me know that you're also experiencing this issue. 

Did you have a chance to try archiving any open, unfulfilled, or unpaid orders in your admin, as previously mentioned in this thread? Equally, is the app on your iOS or Android device fully updated? Please give both of these troubleshooting steps a try, as this will likely remove the notification from your app. 

However, I'm going to reach out to you via email to make sure these steps work, and check to see if you need further assistance. 

I'll be in touch shortly! 

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi! We have the same issue here too.

and I have already gotten through all your first steps.

please advise.

thank you.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
572 28 189

Hi, @Mkb1

Thanks for letting me know. 

I'll reach out to you via email shortly so that we can investigate this together, and work towards a resolution. 

Talk soon! 

0 Likes