Are two pop ups looking spammy ?

4 0 0

Hi, I have installed one Pop up for push notifications (Pop imidently up) and a simple e-mail Pop up (Pops up after 30 sec). I think it could be looking a little bit spammy ? Just want ask if I am right and if I should just use one and if yes which one should I use? Thanks for your Feedback. 

Here is my site: https://doggidreams.com/ 

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
1841 170 484

I count 3 ;-) First the "we use push notifications", then come a few "recently bought" and finally the "offer".

Disclaimer - I am not a fan of popups whatsoever. In fact, any website that does that to me will be gladly closed unless it has some content I absolutely need. E-commerce websites do not fall under that category as I'll always find a trusty online retailer that doesn't engage in such forceful, in your face "Youtube marketing guru's 10 best tips" kind of tactics. Again, this is my own staunch opinion and feeling towards popups in general. They're distracting and slow usually slow down the experience because they're poorly written and too content or feature rich.

There's a very very good reason why once upon a time flash banners with animations were all the rage until Google taught everyone a lesson with their rather minimal AdSense etc. I don't mind advertising or in this case creating a sense of urgency and incentives, but I prefer them to be subtle - why have a popup when it could be a hero slide? Or it could be a tile in the collection grid? Or it could be a part of the product detail page?

But okay, each to their own I suppose. Other than that, I honestly think you've done a grand job with your store - hats off! Or paws down? ;-)

Best wishes!

I turn coffee in to code - since 1998
0 Likes
4 0 0

Thanks for your answer. I had already turn the "we use push notifications". And I like your idea to put the "offer" in the hero slide. 

What u think About the last Pop up which I use then? Should I also turn it off or could it be useful? 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1841 170 484

Not sure which one you mean. As is now, I must admit your store looks impressively complete, professional and trustworthy.

The forum has another thread for store feedback where users and experts frequently advise and provide valuable suggestions what to change or improve. I'd try posting there.

I turn coffee in to code - since 1998
0 Likes