Ask A Guru: Customizing Your Theme

1 0 0

I would like to use a theme by a third party developer. This particular theme uses HTML5, CSS, and JS files to be implemented into your site. 

I have included a link to the exact theme and was wondering if it can be used fairly easily with the liquid template language that shopify uses?

MusicForest Theme

I don't want to invest any unnecessary funds into a third-party option that isn't going to provide any value for my brand.

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
8 0 4

You can contact the theme creator. He can tell you about the versatility of the theme and the future support. 

0 Likes
6 0 0

Hi, 

First of all, I want to thank Shopify for this awesome theme 

everything is great but when I show product pages on mobile view it's so bad to see the product images as thumbnails separating the first image from the rest of the page (not reflecting the real efficiency of supply theme  )

not nice at all 

any help with the code of the slider would be great; i don't want to try any app again all of them are so painful to deal with or to remove even

Regards,

Diaa

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

You may have already figured it out, but maybe it will help someone else. I was able to adjust the spacing by editing my theme css. It was under the #General Variables, $gutter determines the space between everything.

// Sizing variables
$borderWidth: {{ settings.border_width }} + 0px;
$siteWidth: 1180px;
$gutter: 30px;
$gridGutter: 30px; // can be a %, but nested grids will have smaller margins because of it

$sectionSpacing: 55px;
$sectionSpacingSmall: 35px;

0 Likes
4 0 0

@Manpreet_Singh2 wrote:

Which Theme are you using? 3rd party or 1st party?

Searching specific fields Not working as i can see on Searching your store topic

0 Likes
3 0 0

Hi there.  How do I convert a Home page that I created on shogun to my Shopify Home Page? Will I be able to use the page I created as a part of my home page, still adding more elements to the page via the Shopify platform?

0 Likes
3 0 0

How do I convert a Home page that I created on shogun to my Shopify Home Page? Will I be able to use the page I created as a part of my home page, still adding more elements to the page via the Shopify platform?

0 Likes
15 0 0

I need help displaying both variants of one product on my homepage. thanks

0 Likes
Excursionist
16 1 1

How can I make a drop down menu on hover in the Simple Theme??

I've tried to looking for it in other posts but I can't find the codes to copy and paste in Ctrl+F in theme.js because usually the posts refers to Debut Theme and I think it's not the same.

Also if possible, I'd like to prevent any problems in the mobile version if I change the code.

I'm looking forward to hearing from you, any help would be appreciated.

0 Likes
Tourist
5 1 0

I am trying to add a custom section to my theme but I'm having trouble getting a certain value from one of the sections settings. I've added a setting for a merchant to choose a product to associate with a part of the section and I need to pull the price of the selected product. The code in question is:

{% for block in section.blocks %}
    <h3 class="msrp">{{ block.settings.cust_product.price }}</h3>
{% endfor %}

cust_product is the id of the setting that the merchant can change. I can confirm that 

{{ block.settings.cust_product }}

is returning the handle of the product but I'm unable to pull the price of the product from that. I have also tried getting the variants and getting the price from that but that isn't working either.

Thanks in advance for the help.

0 Likes