Ask A Guru: Customizing Your Theme

Shopify Partner
1855 310 399

Hi @jamescong 

You no need to create alternate template or hide price form admin you can do just by product tag, follow this:

1. Add tag in product in which you want to hide price like "hide_price".

2. Open Section->product-template.liquid->find your price code "product.price" or may be snippet product-price.liquid and add condition like bellow:

{% for tag in product.tags %}
{% unless tag contains 'hide_price' %}
//Your price goes here...
{% endunless %}
{% endfor %}
Want to modify or custom changes on store hire me.
If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution.
Email: jasoliyabrijesh123@gmail.com
0 Likes
Shopify Expert
77 13 14

@Victobelle wrote:

Hi

I m using the free theme POP

i want to change the look of my collections, i did it once by mistake and don’t know how to do it again

i want the images on my collection to appear like a mosaic. One image is bigger and the other one on the side. I don’t know if i e plain myself well, like this picture 97EA7D92-114A-4B4E-9751-AF7BA524E40A.jpeg

hi @Victobelle 

You can use "Masonry grid".

https://masonry.desandro.com/layout.html

Thanks 

@Silverclouding 

0 Likes
1 0 0

I'm using the Debut theme for my website and am wanting to adjust the product description to be full-width beneath the photos/CTA buttons. Shopify support is being very slow to fix the issue, though they say the ticket has been submitted. Can anyone share with me the code I need for this adjustment? 

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

@Alex23 wrote:

Shopify provides a fantastic selection of themes for your store, both with free themes developed by Shopify and premium themes made by third-party developers. They’re a fantastic starting point, but there will come a time when you’ll want to customize your theme to make it perfect for your brand. This post will guide you through how best to make the changes you’d like to see, and where to look for support with your theme!

Accessing Your Theme’s Code

Many guides that you’ll come across, both in our help documentation and in other resources you might come across, will require changes to your theme’s code. This can be accessed in your admin:

• Navigate to Online Store > Themes

• Click on the Actions button

• Select Edit Code

We always highly recommend making a backup of your theme before making any changes to the code that you see here - when you see unexpected results after making a few changes, it isn’t always easy to determine what’s causing the issue and discarding the changes. Having an unaltered copy of your theme’s code makes it much easier to recover your original settings!

Shopify Themes

Any theme made by Shopify is 100% free, and is supported by us - if you’re ever having trouble with a Shopify-made theme, reach out to us at any time and we’ll be happy to help! Shopify Gurus can help advise on minor changes, and if more in-depth help is needed, we can reach out to our Themes team for additional help - every account with Shopify is eligible for an hour’s worth of free design time so that you can get your theme looking just as you’d like it.

There are some limits to the scope of our support (check out our guide on customizations that we can’t help with) - just reach out to us if you’re not sure whether the customization you’d like is something that we can do for you. If not, we’ll be happy to help advise you on your best next steps - it may be a feature offered in a premium theme, or something that you can reach out to a third-party design expert for hire for assistance in creating!

Premium Themes

If a theme has a cost associated with it, then it’s a theme made by a third-party developer. While we’ll do everything that we can to help with any queries you might have about making changes to your theme, we’re not experts in altering code that we haven’t created ourselves.

If you find that you need assistance with a third-party theme, your best first step is to reach out to the theme’s developer! You can find this information by accessing the theme customization screen:

• Navigate in your admin to Online Store > Themes

• Click on the Customize button

• In the next screen, click on the Theme Settings tab

• Click on Read Documentation or Support

They’ll be able to guide you on next steps, and can let you know if what you’re looking for requires an expert developer.

Do you have any tips for fellow merchants starting out with a new theme?

Reply below!

@Alex23 wrote:

Shopify provides a fantastic selection of themes for your store, both with free themes developed by Shopify and premium themes made by third-party developers. They’re a fantastic starting point, but there will come a time when you’ll want to customize your theme to make it perfect for your brand. This post will guide you through how best to make the changes you’d like to see, and where to look for support with your theme!

Accessing Your Theme’s Code

Many guides that you’ll come across, both in our help documentation and in other resources you might come across, will require changes to your theme’s code. This can be accessed in your admin:

• Navigate to Online Store > Themes

• Click on the Actions button

• Select Edit Code

We always highly recommend making a backup of your theme before making any changes to the code that you see here - when you see unexpected results after making a few changes, it isn’t always easy to determine what’s causing the issue and discarding the changes. Having an unaltered copy of your theme’s code makes it much easier to recover your original settings!

Shopify Themes

Any theme made by Shopify is 100% free, and is supported by us - if you’re ever having trouble with a Shopify-made theme, reach out to us at any time and we’ll be happy to help! Shopify Gurus can help advise on minor changes, and if more in-depth help is needed, we can reach out to our Themes team for additional help - every account with Shopify is eligible for an hour’s worth of free design time so that you can get your theme looking just as you’d like it.

There are some limits to the scope of our support (check out our guide on customizations that we can’t help with) - just reach out to us if you’re not sure whether the customization you’d like is something that we can do for you. If not, we’ll be happy to help advise you on your best next steps - it may be a feature offered in a premium theme, or something that you can reach out to a third-party design expert for hire for assistance in creating!

Premium Themes

If a theme has a cost associated with it, then it’s a theme made by a third-party developer. While we’ll do everything that we can to help with any queries you might have about making changes to your theme, we’re not experts in altering code that we haven’t created ourselves.

If you find that you need assistance with a third-party theme, your best first step is to reach out to the theme’s developer! You can find this information by accessing the theme customization screen:

• Navigate in your admin to Online Store > Themes

• Click on the Customize button

• In the next screen, click on the Theme Settings tab

• Click on Read Documentation or Support

They’ll be able to guide you on next steps, and can let you know if what you’re looking for requires an expert developer.

Do you have any tips for fellow merchants starting out with a new theme?

Reply below!

0 Likes
1 0 0

Does anybody know how to customise or "move around" Shopify's default currency switcher app they introduced to the Debut theme? Its great Shopify accepts multi-currency payments now but on mobile their currency options are hidden in the hamburger menu on websites.

I also understand that Shopify's currency switcher thats inbuilt will not geolocate customers automatically and I'm wonder if there is a way to code that in thats still integrated properly with Shopify's debut currency switcher.

If not thats fine but I definitely want to know how to move the currency selector OUT of the hamburger menu to somewhere else. On Desktop its not a problem but on Mobile its very hidden in the hamburger menu.

0 Likes
Excursionist
22 0 0

Hi I'm using Virtu theme, and how do I make a video to be my product video instead of showing a pic.

and how do I align the short description of the product? my website is www.3c-exprs.com

0 Likes
Excursionist
23 1 0

Hi. I need customizing Boundless theme. i need to add currency selector to my theme in the right place.

0 Likes
Tourist
4 0 1

Can anyone help me add a lightbox to my product page in the Supply Theme?  There once was a guide showing how to do this, but it was from back in 2015 and seems outdated as the code it tells me to change can't be found, nor some of the files.  Maybe someone could take a quick look and see what I actually have to change now?  The instructions were from Nathan29, who is no longer in this community, it seems.  Here's the link to his instructions:

https://community.shopify.com/c/Shopify-Design/Fancybox-change-on-Supply-Theme/m-p/159273

Any help would be greatly appreciated and I'm sure the many Supply theme users out there would love to have this option

0 Likes

Is it possible to assign different background colors to different sections on the homepage? 

We are using Debut currently, but have been working on customizing and switching to the Brooklyn theme. 

In both, we figured out how to change the whole background of pages. We'd like to change the background colors of each section on the homepage as well to give it a more sectioned look. Is this possible? 

Thanks!

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
85 9 11

Hi @HappyNuts ,

That's definitely possible. Shoot me an email!
denisaksutik@gmail.com

Shopify help
denisaksutik@gmail.com
0 Likes