Ask A Guru: Customizing Your Theme

Highlighted
5 0 0

@Reincarnated  Thank you for your input and feedback. The theme that is being run is Porto, and I'm not entirely sure if there is coding involved on the theme it self. I'm picking up where a developer left off and don't have contact with them. I know how to get around and do basic edits and fixes; however I just don't want to make an error on my works site that I am trying to update. 

Thank you again for looking into this for me.

Very much appreciated! :-)

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 2

Therefore, it is only natural for you to want to adopt the look of your website to fit your vision. to take matters into their own hands, who want complete control over their websites and want to be independent in running them. WordPress does make it really easy to completely customize a website. If you have a bit of knowledge of HTML, CSS and/or PHP.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Pathfinder
103 8 16

@SSI1332 Happy to take a look and see if I can help out with that.  I do not charge for Consultations.  Feel free to shoot me an email if you like.

digital.reincarnation@gmail.com

0 Likes
Highlighted
5 0 0

Hey All, 

Trying to solve this navigation issues with our collection view, displaying "Categories" - "All Products" in the middle of this collection view, its only happening when in mobile view not desktop.

Not sure if this is a coding error or if its a navigation menu change.

Any help would be appreciated. 

Screen Shot 2020-02-18 at 11.06.19 AM.png

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
247 23 31

Hi, @SSI1332

Can you share us your store URL?

Let's make the best store!
Contact us at: thepremierstores@gmail.com
0 Likes
Highlighted
5 0 0

url is www.silicasystemsinc.com this issue only is displaying on mobile.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
247 23 31

Please edit your collection template and search the div element with the sidebar class, then add hidden-xs to it and save
It must look like this:

hidddd.png

0 Likes
5 0 0

Thanks you very much for this info. Worked perfectly from what I can tell, took me a few minutes to track that section of code down but its working none the less.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
8 0 1

Hi guys,

I am using the Pixel Union Pacific Theme and want to customize the navigation a little bit.

Please take a look at this example: https://www.papercollective.com/.

paper collective uses a sidebar as a central menu or navigation element for both the desktop and the mobile version of their website. Also, the product grid on the homepage is neatly structured by centrally arranged filter categories that act as a second navigation bar. Can I achieve a similar structural result with the Pacific Theme, and if so, how?

So mainly I want to trigger the sidebar with the burger menu and disable the default navigation in the header, which is currently connected/triggered to/by the burger menu. 

Please take a look at the screenshots, I hope they illustrate the desired implementation.Category Filter above product grid on homepage as well as product pagesCategory Filter above product grid on homepage as well as product pagessidebar navigation via burger menu without classical header navigationsidebar navigation via burger menu without classical header navigation

Thank you for your tipps!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
247 23 31

Hi, @Isso:

This is possible to do but if you want to customize a sidebar and a filter menu it will require more work than only add some CSS styles, however if you only want the sidebar as you already have on mobile view it can be made with some edits, we will take a look on that theme and we will give you an answer.

0 Likes