Ask A Guru: Customizing Your Theme

Highlighted
Explorer
43 5 6

HI @Jaka_Smid ,

From my personal experience anything is possible.
I'm not a programmer but hired several.
All my ideas were doable.

I suggest posting your job development request in the Shopify and/or Upwork and see what replies you're getting. 

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
266 26 41

Hi, @Jaka_Smid
Yes, it's possible to do it. Do you need that template for a single product?

Let's make the best store!
Contact us at: thepremierstores@gmail.com
1 Like
Highlighted
Explorer
43 5 6

Hi @PremierStores ,

I used the code you provided to change the background (to black) and text color (to white) for a single line in my menu (picture attached)

this code:

li.mobile-nav__item:nth-child(7) {
    background-color: #000 !important;
}
li.mobile-nav__item:nth-child(7) a{
    color: #fff !important;
}

The code changes the (7) line, but it does that also to the 7th line in the submenu (picture attached),

I mean, when you expand a Menu by clicking the "+" icon, it shows the submenus, if there are 7 or more submenu lines, the 7th line of the submenu will also get the color changes.

I only need the 7th line of the "Main" menu changed, how can I make it that the color changes will not affect the Submenus?

thanks

"Main" menu 7th line color changed OK"Main" menu 7th line color changed OKSubmenu 7th line also affected. Submenu should not be changed..Submenu 7th line also affected. Submenu should not be changed..

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
266 26 41

Hi, @ZivHodiva

Use this code instead:

.mobile-nav > li.mobile-nav__item:nth-child(7) {
    background-color: #000 !important;
}
.mobile-nav > li.mobile-nav__item:nth-child(7) a{
    color: #fff !important;
}
1 Like
Highlighted
Explorer
43 5 6

Thanks @PremierStores 

issue resolved :)

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

This was helpful for online shopping store. Thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 0

Hi, I'm new to shopify and I'm having a problem on changing the design on my front page, hope I can get some help here.

So I was using the Debut theme to design my shop at first, but after I finishing my design, I found another better looking theme called Narrative and decided to use it in stead. However, the slideshow template of Debut looks better for me, and I tried to copy the code on the Debut code file and add it to replace the one in Narrative, and it doesn't turn out well, seems like some conflict has occurred, is there any way I can choose a particular section of a theme and add it to another theme?

It should looks something like this.

Slide debut.jpg

But this is what happens when I use it in another theme.

slide narrative.jpg

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0
I need help in customize an eyeglasses store, I intend to sell sunglasses and prescription eyeglasses Every pair of prescription eyeglasses is custom made, so the shopping cart/product selection would have to reflect that customization. For example, the steps for each pair of glasses would probably be like: 1. Select a frame design/ color or model. 2. Select whether the glasses would be for single vision, lined bifocals or progressive lenses. 3. Enter customer's prescription or add a image with details. or maybe if we add a kind of product "eyeglasses" and this new product need mandatory prescription values? To get an idea of what I am needing you can look at other vendors such as https://www.glassesdirect.co.uk/ , https://www.framesdirect.com/ , http://www.glassesusa.com/ as a reference.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
266 26 41

Hi, @Marco1975:

It's possible to do, Frame design and colors should be variants, glasses and prescription will be product properties, if the product needs mandatory prescription it can be handle with a product tag, all these steps must be on a single product page, we worked on a project like this before, if you need more information feel free to send us an email and we will respond ASAP.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 2

Hey Guru, 

I would be grateful for guidance on how to include an Instagram banner within the debut theme. 

Please can you share a link if this has already been discussed or is part of an existing video? 

With many thanks 

Jennifer 

1 Like