Ask A Guru: Customizing Your Theme

Highlighted
Shopify Partner
5976 881 2016

Hello, @Jopra 

Thanks for post.

Please share your site URL,

So I will check and provide a solution here.

If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution.
Want to modify or custom changes on store Hire me.
- Feel free to contact me on bamaniyaketan.sky@gmail.com regarding any help
Shopify Expert | Skype : bamaniya.sky
PSD to Shopify | Shopify Design Changes | Shopify Custom Theme Development and Desing | Custom Modifications In to Shopify Theme | SEO & Digital Marketing
0 Likes
Highlighted
6 0 0

Hi! So I'm looking to add 5 PNG's of the sites that we've been featured on for my social media growth site. But when I want to spread them out it only allows the images one on top of eachother . I need them spread apart each to the right Screen Shot 2020-04-16 at 12.14.40 PM.png

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 2

Hi guys,

Would hugely appreciate any help on this!!

Im running Turbo theme and simply wish to 'not' show the size variants on products which are displayed on two feature collection scrolls on the home page. I still need them in the product pages but I just think it looks messy on the home page and would just prefer the image on it own with the scroll over function I have already enabled. I can see the choice to have either a drop box or display the options but I would like to hide/disable this feature and just have the image with 'add to cart' below it.  The store is franklovesdoll.myshopify.com - your'll see what I mean on the 'new arrivals' & 'shop sale' sections of the home page.

Thanks so so much!

Cheers

Ben

0 Likes
Highlighted
Explorer
43 5 6

Hello,

In my Brooklyn themes store,
I created a new product template: "product.pre-order-2.liquid"
The code of the new product template is almost identical to the code of the regular "product.liquid" template, with one difference, it points to a new section: "product-pre-order-template-2.liquid" (instead of section "product-template.liquid")

here is the code for template: product.pre-order-2.liquid

<!-- /templates/product.liquid -->{% comment %}
  The contents of the product.liquid template can be found in /sections/product-template.liquid
{% endcomment %}

{% section 'product-pre-order-template-2' %}
{% section 'product-collection-slider' %}
{% section 'vendor-collection' %}
{% section 'same-collections' %}

The code for new section "product-pre-order-template-2.liquid" is almost a duplicate of "product-template.liquid"

But, when I assign a product to use the new template the page looks different, mainly it doesn't show image thumbnails on Desktop view.

I've made a test, putting exactly the Same code in section "product-pre-order-template-2.liquid" as in section "product-template.liquid"
and it still didn't work.
I think there's another file that needs to be updated for the new product section to work correctly. maybe index, or timber or some other file that controls how the product page looks. And in that file it acts a certain way when the section Name is "product-template.liquid"

Please help.
if my question was not clear please let me know how to better explain.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
266 26 41

Hi @SocialFlutter,
Which theme are you using, also which page/section are you using to add the images?

Let's make the best store!
Contact us at: thepremierstores@gmail.com
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
266 26 41

Hi @franklovesdoll,
Can we send you an invitation to your Shopify as a collaborator? So we can solve it on our side.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
266 26 41

Hi, @ZivHodiva:
It seems like you need to go customize and edit the settings on the new template as you did on the original product template, a new template loads the default values.

1 Like
Highlighted
Explorer
43 5 6

Hi @PremierStores ,

OMG, you're absolutely right.
I was trying so hard to find the place in the code that needs to be fixed, when the solution was right in front of me the all time.

thanks!!!!

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

I need helping creating a drop down menu for multiple items i have seen it on an other shopify site 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 2
Hi there, Thanks for the reply. The url is www.j-rao.com Be grateful for any support. Best Jopra
0 Likes