Ask A Guru: Customizing Your Theme

Excursionist
96 9 9
Hi Zahraa, do you want to show the currency selector near to the cart icon? Let us help you with that task.
Let's make the best store!
Contact us at: thepremierstores@gmail.com
0 Likes
3 0 0
I m facing this issue, when I click on theme customization button then I get this message,

"this feature is not supporting by the new online store design experience developer preview"
0 Likes
Shopify Expert
9764 86 1511

@niceboy wrote:
I m facing this issue, when I click on theme customization button then I get this message,

"this feature is not supporting by the new online store design experience developer preview"

The message you're seeing tells you what you need to know: You are using a shop that is in developer preview mode, and not a standard shop. Not all features are available in those as they are intended only for devs to test and trial specific upcoming changes. You'll need to make a standard shop instead.

★ Winning Partner of the Build a Business competition. ★ http://freakdesign.com.au
0 Likes
3 0 0
Bro, I want to set banners, logo & amend other changes in theme customization but no option is getting after clicking on cutomization button just this message *"this feature is not supporting by the new online store design experience developer preview"* is receiving, I need to know what should I do for changing / modifying in theme, plzz give a right solution,

Thanks
0 Likes
1 0 0

Hi all...

I'm using Simple Theme and I want to add credit card logos into my footer section. I followed all help instructions but they didn't work? Is there anyone to help me?

My web site is this: https://armoredtrack.com/

0 Likes
Shopify Expert
77 13 14

hi

Greetings from silverclouding

We will help you to fix the problem .

Please contact with us 

Skype id: live:arnab_152

Thank you

0 Likes
3 0 0

Hello,

I am trying edit the font color for the menu of Brooklyn Theme.

I have created a new landing page in Shogun with a black background - but the menu font color on this page is also black, so the menu becomes invisible.

Is there a way to change the menu color on this one page?

thanks!

PS: 

I would like to do a more advanced modification, but I'm not sure this is possible.

Is it possible to make the menu in the Brooklyn Theme

1. Stick on top

2. Change the menu font color in reaction what color is beneath e.g. if menu is on white, it shows black font, if the menu is over black or dark colors , it shows a white font?

0 Likes
Excursionist
96 9 9

Hi Deus_ex_Machina,
You can try CSS blend options, can you share us your store URL? So we can look for another solutions.

Let's make the best store!
Contact us at: thepremierstores@gmail.com
0 Likes
5 0 0

Hello, 

i created my shop using the Narrative theme, and while i really like it, i feel like the homepage has too much padding between the different Sections.

I also want to increase the width on the product page as the description of my products are rather long - and the two column setup (add to cart / purchase) on the left and description on the right makes my page really long.

any idea where i can find these css codes to edit them?

0 Likes
24 0 0

Hello, 

I'm trying to insert product customization field on a new template so that customer can customize their item (by entering a text or sending an image).

But I'm quite struggling and would appreciate any help.

Here is a detail if what I did, if someone could help me that would be great cause I have the feeling there's not too much missing ! 

For information, I'm using the theme "Wokiee" (which appears to be a sectionned theme).

So I've followed the Shopify tutorial "Get customization information for products" here : https://help.shopify.com/en/themes/customization/products/features/get-customization-information-for...

Everything is OK until I arrived to the part where I should locate "type="submit" in the product-customizable-template.liquid

I can't find this, it's not existing in this file.

Then I ran into this other tutorial : https://www.envision.io/blogs/ecommerce-pulse/95036801-how-to-create-customizable-products-in-shopif...

So I've tried to combined both tutorial and here's what I've done : 

• I've created a new template named "product.customizable.liquid" (and didn't change anything in it compared to the original template "product.liquid")
  • Then I went into the Snippets section and edit this file "product_page_1_description.liquid", which is the one I edit usually to make change to the product page template. I've added this piece of code : 

{% if template contains 'product.customizable' %}

<p class="line-item-property__field">
  <label for="personnalisation">PERSONNALISATION</label>
  <input id="personnalisation" type="text" name="properties[PERSONNALISATION]">
  </br>
  <label for="image">IMAGE</label>
  <input id="image" type="file" enctype="multipart/form-data" name="properties[IMAGE]">
</p>

{% endif %}

As you can see it doesn't look so bad as I can see the 2 fields I want : a text field and an image upload button.

You can see the result on this product page : https://gourde-morning.com/products/bouteille-rose-noir

Or on this image : 

Capture d’écran 2019-10-14 à 08.21.52.png

I was pretty happy but here is the trick : I can't retrieve the information entered in the text field and the image uploaded.

I've edited the email template that I receive for each order by replacing this

{{ line.title }}

by

{{ line.title }}{% for p in line.properties %}{% unless p.last == blank %} - {{ p.first }}: {{ p.last }}{% endunless %}{% endfor %}

I also edited the one the customer receives and I made 4 or 5 test orders (with the bogus gateway) but I've never seen the information entered during the order appeared :

Capture d’écran 2019-10-14 à 08.26.18.png

I couldn't neither see this information in the order admin panel of Shopify (which should be doable from what I've read)

Capture d’écran 2019-10-14 à 08.28.45.png

If anyone could help me to retrieve this information, that would be great ! 

0 Likes