Automatic Currency App or Built-In Code?

6 0 0

Hi Shopify Team,

I was wondering if there was an App or some kind of code to automatically detect the origin of a visitor and have the correct currency reflect that visitor?

Example, my prices right now are by default USD. Is there a way to have someone say from Canada, once landing onto the page, the currency converts to the correct pricing for that visitor?

I know having the currency converter is an example but I'd like to have this automated so it detects the visitor, making it less work for the visitor. Any suggestions would be amazing! 

Best,

Jaiden

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
236 28 40

Hey, @VanturaCosmetic!

Lulu here from the Shopify Support team. Thanks for reaching out here, and I'll be more than happy to help you out.

Yeah, absolutely, there is a range of apps that can do that for you. I personally like this currency converter appThis app detects your customer's location and automatically selects the currency for them. They can also change it manually if they wish from the Currency Switcher. On the 'elite plan' of this app you can actually hide the currency converter if you wish, and have it run only in the background. Your customers will still see the converted prices, however without seeing the currency converter. 

This is another app that does similar as well and will automatically detect your customer's location and change the currency. You can have a look at both and see which one suits your business needs more. 

I hope this helps and also separate to your query, I just wanted to say that we're always here to chat with you about how things work on Shopify or any technical aspects you might need assistance with. If you want our opinion about your business plan or site layout, even with marketing and growth aspects you're curious about, then be sure to reach out. 

Kind regards,

Lulu

Lulu | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
6 0 0

Beautiful thank you! :)

0 Likes
6 0 0

Hi,

Now I was just wondering...

Is there any way to have the "checkout" page and process to reflect the customer's current currency rate?

I have installed the currency app and it reflects beautifully throughout the entire page but not the checkout once a customer proceeds to make a purchase.

So it doesn't confuse customers, when they checkout let's say in Canada, the currency would reflect CAD dollars as opposed to if you tried checking out now, it converts back to default (USD).

Is there a solution for this?

0 Likes