Automatically make out of stock items unavailable on all sales channels?

Highlighted
Tourist
20 0 3

Is there a way to avoid going into my products daily and making my sold items unavailable? 

If I'm gone for the weekend, I don't want people to see a bunch of items 'sold out', especially items that are one of a kind and won't be restocked. 

TIA
Dave

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
523 1 97

Hey, David!

My name is Alex, I'm a guru here at Shopify!

Yes, absolutely!  There's a couple things that you can put into effect to manage that:

• If you'd like to hide sold out items from your collections, you can do so by using automated collections - add in a condition where the item will only appear if inventory is greater than zero, and they'll vanish once they're sold out.  There's more detail in our guide right over here!
  • If your products have variants that you'd like to hide if that particular variant sells out, this is possible too - this method does require a little bit of coding, but the guide we have on doing so is very step by step.

Hope that's helped!  Please feel free to give us a call or start a live chat at any time, we're open 24/7 for your convenience and always happy to assist!

Cheers,

Alex | Shopify Guru

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi! Can you reshare the second link? Thank you so much!

--> "If your products have variants that you'd like to hide if that particular variant sells out, this is possible too - this method does require a little bit of coding, but the guide we have on doing so is very step by step."

0 Likes