Autoplay Music

2 0 0

Who has experience with autoplaying music/sound on shopify homepage? Not asking about the morals and complex discussion between, does anyone have any experience/ know how you would configure such a thing? Would be so appreciated!!!

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
529 1 60

Hey, Kyle!

I'm Alex, with the Shopify team!

Understood! This isn't a recommended customization, not so much for moral reasons but more due to usability and customer experience; autoplay tends to annoy customers, and interrupts their browsing experience.

That said, if this is something you'd like to introduce to your site, there's a few options I can recommend:

• There's several music player apps available in our app store - it's not clear from their descriptions whether you can set those tracks to play automatically, but you could always reach out to the developers to see if that's an option, or if a customization could be made. I'd suggest in particular checking out Music Player by Websyms, Widgetic (Audio Players), or Osaria Audio Player. Each of these apps offers a trial period or a free plan, so you can try them out to see if they'll work for you.
  • I see that you've got a video background in place on your site - how did you go about introducing that? There's at least one app in the app store that allows for video backgrounds with sound; I'd suggest checking out Video Background.  You might consider using this app for your background, if you already have (or can create) a video with the audio track that you'd like to hear.
  • Finally, if those solutions won't work for you, then you could always reach out to one of our listed third-party design experts for help in making this change; they'll be able to add this via custom coding in your theme!

Hope that's helped! Please feel free to let me know, and you can always give us a call or start a live chat at any time. We're open 24/7 for your convenience and always happy to assist!

Cheers,

Alex | Shopify

0 Likes
Astronaut
761 78 151

I'm not sure why Alex has to refer you to shopify apps, there's an easy solution to how you can get music to autoplay on your homepage. 

If you go into your index.liquid you can just add an iframe and set it's display to none.

<iframe src="youraudiofile.mp3" allow="autoplay" style="display:none" id="iframeAudio">
  </iframe>

If you'd like to make any edits to your store, please send me a personal message and we can discuss what you'd like to accomplish :D
0 Likes
1 0 0

Hi ninthony 

i have applied the code as you have instructed in the index.liquid, but where can i apply the audio file and how can i call it to "src="?

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

That didn't work

0 Likes
Astronaut
761 78 151

Upload the file to the CDN. Settings in the bottom right of the admin, Files, Upload, copy the url it gives you after upload and place it in the source. Since it had been so long since I posted this I just copied and pasted my code into my index.liquid on my developer store, uploaded an MP3 to my CDN, copied the link and pasted it into the source of my code and it's working. So there :P

If you'd like to make any edits to your store, please send me a personal message and we can discuss what you'd like to accomplish :D
0 Likes