Autoplay Slideshow

Kirk2
9 0 0

Is there a way to make the homepage slideshow auto play instead of using the arrows? Is there a tutorial on customizing the slideshow somewhere?

0 Likes
Kyle20
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
31 0 2

Hey Kirk,

Definitely possible to do this, but it's hard to say how without knowing which slider your theme is using. There should be some controls for your slider within your script.js or theme.js file. If you're lucky there will be a setting called autoplay that's switched to false. Switch that to true and you'd be good to go.

If you can't find that then you might have to check out the developer website for the slider and check their api. If you reply with the theme you're using I can help you further with this.

Cheers,
Kyle

Kyle @ Shopify
0 Likes
Kirk2
9 0 0

I'm an impatient idiot. It IS auto playing. Duh. Thanks though.

0 Likes
Kyle20
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
31 0 2

Hey Kirk!

It's also possible to change the transition times between slides. Let us know if you need a hand!

Thanks,

Kyle @ Shopify

Kyle @ Shopify
0 Likes
Kirk2
9 0 0

Thanks I see it is a WooThemes plugin. I'm pretty sure I can figure it out. I appreciate the help.

0 Likes
annaseku01
1 0 0

Hi, I'm looking to set the homepage slideshow to automatic sliding using the 'Narrative' template, but I haven't been able to figure out how to - thank you for your help in advanced!

0 Likes
davinci1
1 0 0

I added the slider for the Narrative theme using the solution here https://community.shopify.com/c/Shopify-Design/Narrative-Theme-Slideshow-Autoplay-not-working/td-p/7.... I hope it helps!!

0 Likes