Back in Stock Notification showing even when product is in stock

Solved
Highlighted
4 0 0

I didn't code this myself but I've noticed the back in stock notification shows even if the product is in stock. A product-notify-me.liquid was added to my snippets section:

{% if settings.notify_me_form %}
<div class="notify_form" id="notify-form-{{ product.id }}" {% if product.available %}style="display:none"{% endif %}>
{% form 'contact' %}
{% if form.posted_successfully? %}
<p><em>Thanks! We will notify you when this product becomes available!</em></p>
{% elsif form.errors %}
<p><em>Please provide a valid email address.</em></p>
{% else %}
<p>
<label for="contact[email]">Notify me when this product is available:</label>

{% if customer %}
<input type="hidden" name="contact[email]" value="{{ customer.email }}" />
{% else %}
<input required type="email" name="contact[email]" id="contact[email]" placeholder="Enter your email address..." value="{{ contact.fields.email }}" style="display:inline;margin-bottom:0px" />
{% endif %}

<input type="hidden" name="contact[body]" value="Please notify me when {{ product.title | remove: '"' }} becomes available - {{ shop.url }}{{ product.url }}" />
<input class="submit" type="submit" value="Send" style="margin-bottom:0px" />
</p>
{% endif %}
{% endform %}
</div>
{% endif %}

And shows on the bottom of product page on desktop site and near the main photo (!) on the mobile site (which seems to be new as of this week) - does anyone know what may be wrong? web notification desktop.jpg

web notification mobile.jpg

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1689 207 339

You should check your product.liquid or product-template.liquid for where the snippet is referenced through an include, like {% include 'product-notify-me'%}, then check the logic around, there should be some conditionals that add or skip the include. Unless, the solution is JavaScript based and the logic to hide/show the prompt is running on front end.

Mind sharing the URL to your store?

Sergiu Svinarciuc | CTO @ visely.io
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
- To learn more about the awesome stuff we do head over to visely.io or our blog
0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

Thank you so much for the help! I've found:

{% if template contains 'product' and product.available %}
<div id="sold-out">
{% form 'contact' %}
<p class="accent-text">Thanks! We will notify you when this product becomes available!</p>
{% else %}
<p>Click <a id="notify-me" href="#"><strong>here</strong></a> to be notified by email when {{ product.title }} becomes available.</p>
{% endif %}

In the product.liquid file - not sure how to tell it to not show the form when product is unavailable. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1281 170 404

This is an accepted solution.

try adding an == false after product.available, it seems to me that this is saying "If you're on the product page, and if the product is available, show the form."

{% if template contains 'product' and product.available == false %}
<div id="sold-out">
{% form 'contact' %}
<p class="accent-text">Thanks! We will notify you when this product becomes available!</p>
{% else %}
<p>Click <a id="notify-me" href="#"><strong>here</strong></a> to be notified by email when {{ product.title }} becomes available.</p>
{% endif %}
If my solution helped you, please like and accept as solution!
If you'd like to make any edits to your store, please send me a personal message and we can discuss what you'd like to accomplish :D
0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

This worked! Thank you!!

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hello! I'm a product manager for an app that handles this for you without the need of getting into your Liquid templates, so it's possible our solution will be easier than what you're doing. Try out our 2 week free trial!

https://apps.shopify.com/back-in-stock

I'm Mack, the product manager, feel free to reach out to us at support@backinstock.org and ask for me if you have any questions. Happy to give you an extended trail too if you'd like!

0 Likes