Basket and checkout visibility issues.

Shopify Partner
39 0 6

There is one area in this platform that I really don’t like. When a customer adds product to the basket he cannot see the total cost until he puts in all his details. All he gets is the net price - excluding Discount, Taxes and Delivery. The “Estimate Shipping and Tax” dropdown only gives a shipping cost. He then has to input all his details before he may see the final price that he may want to pay.

I did want to bring this up before and I’ve just been nudged by a customer complaining.

Is it possible for this to be streamlined? I personally find it annoying – I do. Is there a reason why it is presented in this manner?

Definition of Rugby - Do your best to kill the opponent with the ball then buy him a beer afterwards.
0 Likes
Shopify Expert
9965 84 1469

Taxes and Shipping prices require customer details before they can be presented correctly. If you don't have customer details, how do you propose to work those things out?

★ Winning Partner of the Build a Business competition. ★ http://freakdesign.com.au
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
39 0 6

I sell in the EU only , taxes are the same throughout and delivery is a single price irrespective of the size or location. 

Definition of Rugby - Do your best to kill the opponent with the ball then buy him a beer afterwards.
0 Likes